Bills sign QB Brian Brohm

Bash_Gash

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsup:

Seriously, what freaking difference can any new QB make to this team at this point, are the coaches that stupid?

The O line is in such shambles If I were Edwards I'd fake an injury to sit out the rest of the season, I'm hoping they don't play him and ruin him more then he already is.

So this staff of clowns goes out and gets another lamb for slaughter rather then shore up the line, unreal.

Take it easy Rabbit. The cost/benefit is obvious. This is a guy with great credentials who the Bills got for nearly nothing.

Just because this season is a shambles doesn't mean the team shouldn't continue to make sound long range moves.

This guy could be our starting quarterback come next September.

Take it easy Rabbit. The cost/benefit is obvious. This is a guy with great credentials who the Bills got for nearly nothing.

Just because this season is a shambles doesn't mean the team shouldn't continue to make sound long range moves.

This guy could be our starting quarterback come next September.

I wonder if this has any connection to Shanahan coming in next week?

Based on these biographies, he seems like a Trent clone. Good move to bring someone in, but my expectations are low.

I can't believe I am excited about Bills football at 10:15PM on a Wednesday night. I wouldn't have called this a possibility a week ago.

Ron Wolf retired in 2001.

Brohm was drafted in 2008.

BTW, Brohm would have probably been a Top 5 draft pick had he come out after his junior season. But he remained in school in part to see if he could lead his Louisville team to a national championship. In 2007 he led Louisville to their first ever BCS Bowl win over Wake Forest in the Orange Bowl where he was selected as the game's MVP. He was on the cover of Sports Illustrated when he was in high school. He was recruited to play at Notre Dame but elected to sign with his hometown Cardinals.

Up until his senior season, he was one of the most decorated quarterbacks in recent history and was pegged for stardom.

He's 6'3" and 225 pounds.

It's an interesting darkhorse pickup... nothing to lose, see what he has. Green Bay gave up on him quick.

Another issue of "well, I've heard of him, he must be good" syndrome. Just like Tony Sheffler, Derrick Johnson, Levi Jones, Jon Runyan, etc. etc. Has anyone seen him play since college? You guys need some perspective. Do I hate the signing? Not at all. But don't forget, he was cut in place of a 7th rounder from Louisiana State named Matt Flynn. Don't expect him to lead us to the promised land just yet.

Another issue of "well, I've heard of him, he must be good" syndrome. Just like Tony Sheffler, Derrick Johnson, Levi Jones, Jon Runyan, etc. etc. Has anyone seen him play since college? You guys need some perspective. Do I hate the signing? Not at all. But don't forget, he was cut in place of a 7th rounder from Louisiana State named Matt Flynn. Don't expect him to lead us to the promised land just yet.

The difference this time is that Russ got 'er done!!! :thumbsup:

As per The National Football Post:

Brian Brohm has left the Green Bay Packers' building, and their roster.

Brohm decided tosign a two-year contract with the Buffalo Bills on Wednesday night despite an offer to rejoin the Packers' active roster, according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.

Brohm has been on the Packers' practice squad since being cut Sept. 5 heading into the regular season.

Per the report, Brohm was offered an identical deal to the one the Bills extended.

And the Packers had an opening after cutting wide receiver Jake Allen.

Brohm is a former second-round draft pick from Louisville who has struggled in the NFL following a prolific college career.

The Bills could offer him an opportunity to jumpstart his career with a fresh start on a team that currently has Ryan Fitzpatrick as its starter ahead of Trent Edwards.

It's an interesting darkhorse pickup... nothing to lose, see what he has. Green Bay gave up on him quick.

He actually left GB from their practice squad rather than GB giving up on him. He was projected as their back-up when he was drafted but fellow draftee Flynn beat him out in pre-season with at least one stellar exhib game performance. Nrohm was the third string inactive disaster QB all last season and this season.

Though the Pack clearly passed him over for Flynn, it seems a bit strong to say they gave up on him since he is off their roster since he got an offer to leave.

Folks on TSW do not seem to be vocalizing it, but as Brohm must go onto the roster if he is signed of a PS, my guess would be that it is Hamdan who is gone.

He actually left GB from their practice squad rather than GB giving up on him. He was projected as their back-up when he was drafted but fellow draftee Flynn beat him out in pre-season with at least one stellar exhib game performance. Nrohm was the third string inactive disaster QB all last season and this season.

Though the Pack clearly passed him over for Flynn, it seems a bit strong to say they gave up on him since he is off their roster since he got an offer to leave.

Folks on TSW do not seem to be vocalizing it, but as Brohm must go onto the roster if he is signed of a PS, my guess would be that it is Hamdan who is gone.

maybe they had him on the practice squad simply cause he isn't good enough... maybe they thought he'd develop a bit down the road.

sorta like the Sabres keeping Kalinin around cause he was a 1st round pick.

am i the only one who can't stand hamdan? i've hated that he has been on our team for 3 years. he is beyond useless. he looks AWFUL anytime i see him play. he can not run an offense every other throw is off target. I don't know why he is on this roster, because he is not a project.

brohm ACTUALLY could be a project. he was a very solid NCAA qb. at least he is someone you can consider developing into a #2. but hamdan isnt even useful for htat. he is the anti-gale gilbert.

He should be able to learn Van Pelt's playbook on the plane.

:thumbsup: Good point!

Count me in favor of this. 6'3", 225lbs QB with fantastic cred from high school through college. A high draft pick just 2 years ago and GB DIDN'T want to give up on him.

I'm on record as wanting the Bills to find an 'Atlanta Favre' on someone else's roster vs. gamble on a high draft pick next year.

Face it. We don't have a great QB on this team. The competition is wide open. I'm thrilled with a pulse finally beating @ OBD. Give him a chance.