Byrd

BillsZubaz

AS A ROOKIE

Jairus Byrd leads the NFL in INTs (8) and has only started 6 games.

Byrd also adds 34 solo tackles in this time.

2 multi INT games.

But Byrd has yet to win a rookie of the week award and I have seen little talk of him being considered for Rookie of the Year. This is a travesty....

AS A ROOKIE

Jairus Byrd leads the NFL in INTs (8) and has only started 6 games.

Byrd also adds 34 solo tackles in this time.

2 multi INT games.

But Byrd has yet to win a rookie of the week award and I have seen little talk of him being considered for Rookie of the Year. This is a travesty....

I'm convinced that Byrd had the following conversation with one of his friends. Since I don't know the friend's name, I'll just call him Cat.

Byrd: I'm excited to be going into the NFL.

Cat: Yeah.

Byrd: But if I'm going to have a good career, it's important for me to set ambitious goals.

Cat: Well, you could always try to get into the Hall of Fame.

Byrd: Yeah. But I want a goal that's even more ambitious than that!

Cat: More ambitious?

Byrd: Yeah. What is the most ambitious goal I could possibly have?

Cat: You're serious here?

Byrd: Yeah.

Cat: Well, okay. But what I'm about to tell you is a little outlandish here. Unrealistic. More of a pie-in-the-sky thing than anything else.

Byrd: Yeah, that's fine. Just go ahead and say it.

Cat: Okay then. The most ambitious career goal you could possibly have is to play well enough that Bill from NYC will decide that the Bills were better off drafting you than they would have been either with an offensive lineman or with Carolina's first round pick.

Byrd: Who on earth is Bill from NYC?

Cat: Never mind that. You asked what was the most ambitious possible career goal you could have, and I told you.

Byrd: What do I have to do to make that goal a reality?

Cat: You're going to have to intercept more passes than you'd expect from an entire NFL defense. You're going to have to become a one man machine who single-handedly either wins games on his own, or at least keeps his team in games they have no business being in.

Byrd: In that case, I may as well get started.

:lol:

Well played.

Though we all know that the number of INTs in that equation would be infinity. Right Bill? :wallbash::wallbash:

I'm convinced that Byrd had the following conversation with one of his friends. Since I don't know the friend's name, I'll just call him Cat.

Byrd: I'm excited to be going into the NFL.

Cat: Yeah.

Byrd: But if I'm going to have a good career, it's important for me to set ambitious goals.

Cat: Well, you could always try to get into the Hall of Fame.

Byrd: Yeah. But I want a goal that's even more ambitious than that!

Cat: More ambitious?

Byrd: Yeah. What is the most ambitious goal I could possibly have?

Cat: You're serious here?

Byrd: Yeah.

Cat: Well, okay. But what I'm about to tell you is a little outlandish here. Unrealistic. More of a pie-in-the-sky thing than anything else.

Byrd: Yeah, that's fine. Just go ahead and say it.

Cat: Okay then. The most ambitious career goal you could possibly have is to play well enough that Bill from NYC will decide that the Bills were better off drafting you than they would have been either with an offensive lineman or with Carolina's first round pick.

Byrd: Who on earth is Bill from NYC?

Cat: Never mind that. You asked what was the most ambitious possible career goal you could have, and I told you.

Byrd: What do I have to do to make that goal a reality?

Cat: You're going to have to intercept more passes than you'd expect from an entire NFL defense. You're going to have to become a one man machine who single-handedly either wins games on his own, or at least keeps his team in games they have no business being in.

Byrd: In that case, I may as well get started.