Fewell making players practice in pads

PromoTheRobot

Fewell's first big decision is to bench the best QB the Bills have, says Fitz gives us the best chance of winning against the Jags, good God based on what, I've already seen enough of him.

We are extremely banged up right now so lets bang us up some more, brilliant.

But DJ's gone and Shanny might be on his way so I'm still happy :unsure:

Well either Fewell will win us games or improve our draft pick. I'm good with either.

PTR

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
Well either Fewell will win us games or improve our draft pick. I'm good with either.

PTR

True that, no sense worrying about who starts right now anyway. The new head Coach will probably want to bring in his own idea of a good starting QB and I can't say as I would blame him.

AP reports: '“We are who we are,” said Fewell, in his 12th NFL season and fourth with Buffalo as a coordinator. “We have that identity. We’re going to try to give a little spark, but we are who we are.”' So then...we are who we thought we were? You see where I'm going with this.

:unsure:

In his press conference today Fewell said that he wants to send a message that the Bills will be more physical. That's why they will practice in pads today...tommorrow...and every day from here on.

Sounds like a coach who is sending his players a message. Club Jauron is officially closed.

PTR

Perry said he would consult with colleagues for advice, I wouldn't be surprised if he spoke to Mike Singletary. Singletary drew up a good blueprint for an immediate turn-around, starting with playing more physical. We'll know for sure if Perry drops trou

:lol:

Fewell's first big decision is to bench the best QB the Bills have, says Fitz gives us the best chance of winning against the Jags, good God based on what, I've already seen enough of him.

We are extremely banged up right now so lets bang us up some more, brilliant.

But DJ's gone and Shanny might be on his way so I'm still happy :lol:

This makes no sense at all. All Fewell is saying is that he feels that a QB that doesn't have his head up his a$$ is better than the one who does.

Christ, doesn't anything please you people? It would be like saying which is better to have, AIDS or Brain Cancer. Both suck but at least one won't kill you immediately.

The Bills are just looking to survive the season and see which players have the want and desire to stick around next year. Fewell is just trying to win a game here and obviously Trentative has checked out in the coaches mind. Give the guy a break.

FEWELL MUST GO!!!

Not only did he bring the Bills the HORRIFIC Tampa 2 (2 as in crapp) defense he's named Fitz the #1 QB!!!

You see, Fewell is a “run to the ball” coach like most of the Tampa 2 .. And what have teams done over and over to Buffalo's defense

RUN THE BALL to the tune of 200 yards oer game!!

I agree he worked under Jauron in Jacksonville. I hope he isn't his twin.

Just amazing that not practicing in pads. Here's another thing I'm looking forward to when Buffalo wins the coin toss -- Fewell TAKING THE BALL FIRST.

You do realize that about 90+% of coaches differ when they win the toss right? It's basically like having a buffer zone leading into halftime knowing you are guaranteed a possession coming out of halftime. Simple strategy really...

newsflash...... Most teams dont practice in pads. In fact once you get past high school most practices are low impact. You dont bash heads during the week.

This certainly isn't true for college...depending on which day you get off you could have either two or three full impact practices every week

You do realize that about 90+% of coaches differ when they win the toss right? It's basically like having a buffer zone leading into halftime knowing you are guaranteed a possession coming out of halftime. Simple strategy really...

[/quote

Yes, but when you have a struggling team, you can gain confidence by taking the ball first & scoring first. Winning the toss, deferring and letting the other team get the ball 1st & possibly score before you have the ball puts you behind the 8-ball from the start. This is even more questionable when you're on the road.

Personally, I'd take the ball 1st every time.

newsflash...... Most teams dont practice in pads. In fact once you get past high school most practices are low impact. You dont bash heads during the week.

That's kind of funny, because just two days ago, Jason Taylor was just on Sirius NFL Radio talking about how Sparano has them in pads every day, and that their practices are very physical. He said its almost like a scrimmage every day.

I'm also pretty sure a lot of college teams are fairly physical every day. I roomed with two at Ball State, and they were in pads all but their walkthroughs.

I hear what you are saying, but while their are club meds, plenty of teams are still physical in practice.

Yes, but when you have a struggling team, you can gain confidence by taking the ball first & scoring first. Winning the toss, deferring and letting the other team get the ball 1st & possibly score before you have the ball puts you behind the 8-ball from the start. This is even more questionable when you're on the road.

Personally, I'd take the ball 1st every time.

Factor in crowd noise. If you defer when on the road half the crowd are not back in their seats when the second half starts. Means your QB gets one drive where the 12th man has very little effect. At home - you want the 12th man from the start. The noise might disrupt an opposing QB at the start of the first half, but do you want him facing a much quieter crowd at the start of the second?

Pesonally, I'd defer every time.

In his press conference today Fewell said that he wants to send a message that the Bills will be more physical. That's why they will practice in pads today...tommorrow...and every day from here on.

Sounds like a coach who is sending his players a message. Club Jauron is officially closed.

PTR

Sounds like a guy that knows what people want to hear. Too bad his own defensive unit has not been able to put pressure on the QB since he got here. His lack of imagination up front has been crippling. There are a lot of teams that do more with less pass rushing talent than the Bills have. He's not qualified for a HC job at this level, and that would likely show up when he went to find assistants. Think other coaches would be like...."I love what that guy did with that defense! Much respect, sign me up!".