time for yet another revival of this epic post

dave mcbride

he was dead on about everything but the FS position...spooky. :rolleyes:

Yeah, my first reaction was, "Wait. Jarius Bird is a difference maker. What about all his picks?"

And then I remembered that the Bills are still 3-6 despite his nice stats.

I hated Badobilz post -- because he was absolutely right. It's hard to hear the plain truth.

Yeah, my first reaction was, "Wait. Jarius Bird is a difference maker. What about all his picks?"

And then I remembered that the Bills are still 3-6 despite his nice stats.

I hated Badobilz post -- because he was absolutely right. It's hard to hear the plain truth.

When that post was written. Jairus Byrd wasn't even drafted yet. This post was in April

And as usual, C. Biscuit makes an absolute idiot out of himself :unsure:

Where's CB he been lately? There are a number of notable posters who aren't seen on TBD as the season has slid into the abyss.

Frankly, there are people who know this team and their preferences and those who don't. I always looked forward to BADOL's posts, and it doesn't take more than that one to sum up what's wrong here. If that can be done in one thread.

How DJ remained in a HC this long was the real issue. Now it's finding a real GM, coach, QB, et al. 2010 seems to be a rebuilding effort.

he was dead on about everything but the FS position...spooky. :unsure:

If I'm not mistaken, BADO posted this prior to the draft. So, technically, if you look at the roster at the date posted, he was right on.

As for the post, he is right on. I thought it then and obviously, he has an eye for evaluation of product. Basically he said the Bills will suck and true to form, they have. I told some friends back in March that the Bills won't win more than 4 games this year and the way the rest of the schedule looks, they might make me look like some sort of soothsayer, unfortunately.

Maybe Fewell will screw that up for me.

Where's CB he been lately? There are a number of notable posters who aren't seen on TBD as the season has slid into the abyss.

Frankly, there are people who know this team and their preferences and those who don't. I always looked forward to BADOL's posts, and it doesn't take more than that one to sum up what's wrong here. If that can be done in one thread.

How DJ remained in a HC this long was the real issue. Now it's finding a real GM, coach, QB, et al. 2010 seems to be a rebuilding effort.

A few snots decided to start a pogrom against him, and other sweethearts decided to jump in and kick at him, gang style.

Abused for daring to type some optimistic words...how childish. :unsure:

It is a very good post: The update of it IMHO is:

1. First point- Jauron -GONE- case closed time to think of this only as impacts moving forward!

2. This post was correct that starting QB is fragile and back-up is inadequate. A clear need for this team and a first round draft pick is incredibly unlikely to meet our needs in 2010. You definitely draft a prospect in the next draft but FA is by far the most likely way we get an adequate QB for 2010 and likely 2011.

3. Right on target that the OL was in deep doo-doo with Langston Walker as its best player when this post was written and he got flushed. The OL has proven to be one of the worst in the NFL so far in 2009, but the good news is they are so bad because they are too young but the youth gives them possibilities for the future with some judicious competition, cuts and probably at least one solid vet FA acquisition. Hamgartner has actually done quite well as the only non-first year starter, but despite the OL doing the best it can despite being way too inexperienced with no solid QB direction, offensive scheme or HC offensive leadership no one mistakes Hamgartner for Kent Hull. This unit still needs serious help but likely can get it with 1. An offensive ball competent HC, 2. An OC with a vision and a plan (maybe AVP but probably not as the past needs to be out of here as much as possible but a competent OC would be a step up and is achievable), 3. An a least adequate OL position coach 4, A vet OL pick-up to at least augment Hamgartner and actually replace him as the Kent Hullesque leader if we can find such a guy.

4. The DL needs serious revamping. Stroud is good but old, Schobel is good but old and injured, Denny is a good back-up with occasional flashes of near brilliance once a season but generally is overmatched as a starter. Kelsay is an OK player who somehow has a stars contract, he ain't no star player. Johnson is a youngster with some potential to one day be a good back-up. Maybin and Ellis are projects who may well end up as busts (but still to early to tell). Kyle Williams is a solid back-up doing his best to be a starter but please. McCargo should likely be gone. Stuff to work with here but likely nothing to build around.

TO - Not his fault team is bad but see ya.

LB is a definite need where folks like Draft and even Scott are not unreasonable plan Cs. What about plan A and plan B first though? We have a couple of OK starters who are not stars (Mitchell, Poz) and Ellison who as OK back-ups who play well on occasion, several good plan V LBs and maybe Maybin (who I think is probably an LB who needs to prove he can pass cover, but we could use a stud here.

The secondary buoyed by the likely future Pro Bowl Byrdman a first rounders yet to prove themselves McKelvin and Whitmer, the reliable McGee and non-starter but underrated Wilson and Scott with depth Corner, Wendling, Florence and Lankster I like this unit.

A few snots decided to start a pogrom against him, and other sweethearts decided to jump in and kick at him, gang style.

Abused for daring to type some optimistic words...how childish. :unsure:

Just as childish as he was when someone tried to paint a realistic picture of the franchise. Along with Dean, etc...