New Uniforms for 2010 Season?

TheBlackMamba

Scrapping the navy blue abortions should be a symbolic part of the overhaul. A whole 'We are leaving this decade behind.'

As such, the throwbacks have WIDE popular approval, and their legal stuff/trademark/copyright and design is already done. No fuss, no muss. It would be a relatively simple switch.

I believe you have to provide the NFL with a certain amount of time in advance to change your jerseys. Its just not something they can do overnight/season. The NFL would have to get rid of all the old jerseys and take as much of a loss as possible, so when they know a team makes a change they cut off production of those jerseys. This is the same reason why Chad OchoCinco couldnt get his name changed on any jerseys because he didnt give the NFL enough time to make the change.

If I'm wrong I would really like to hear the rules of how the jerseys are handled. But pretty sure you cant just make a change like that with such a short notice.

I believe you have to provide the NFL with a certain amount of time in advance to change your jerseys. Its just not something they can do overnight/season. The NFL would have to get rid of all the old jerseys and take as much of a loss as possible, so when they know a team makes a change they cut off production of those jerseys. This is the same reason why Chad OchoCinco couldnt get his name changed on any jerseys because he didnt give the NFL enough time to make the change.

If I'm wrong I would really like to hear the rules of how the jerseys are handled. But pretty sure you cant just make a change like that with such a short notice.

It's traditionally a 1-year notice.

That's been for wholesale change --- e.g. Bucs' creamsicle to pewter or Broncos orange to navy. For a historical jersey that the team has used before there might be an exception granted. Especially as it's in the current wardrobe room. IIRC from the ESPN UniWatch blog, I believe the Jets were granted one when they went retro, b/c the design was already in use as throwbacks.