My optimistic view of the QB situation

duey

I am thinking that from here on out JPL is going to get playing time.....they just dont want to "annoint him the starter" when he has been out hurt for so long......I think that we are going to see a lot more of JPL as the season goes on......but that Drew will be the starter every week at least for a while....

BUT...I DONT agree with this philosophy.....Drew has shown that he is finished.....but the transition to JPL will be tough....so IMO they should just cut the cord.

START SHANE MATHEWS.....he is the backup QB and he knows and accepts that role.....and then bring in JPL in the second half....REMOVE BLEDSOE FROM THE EQUATION....he is not performing...he is gone after this year......cut the cord

I am thinking that from here on out JPL is going to get playing time.....they just dont want to "annoint him the starter" when he has been out hurt for so long......I think that we are going to see a lot more of JPL as the season goes on......but that Drew will be the starter every week at least for a while....

BUT...I DONT agree with this philosophy.....Drew has shown that he is finished.....but the transition to JPL will be tough....so IMO they should just cut the cord.

START SHANE MATHEWS.....he is the backup QB and he knows and accepts that role.....and then bring in JPL in the second half....REMOVE BLEDSOE FROM THE EQUATION....he is not performing...he is gone after this year......cut the cord

121854[/snapback]

That's an excellent thought but as long as our coach is Donahoe's puppet... ain't going to happen. I understand the logic that no other team wanted Matthews, etc. But he could not play any worse than Drew...