My optimistic view of the QB situation

duey

I think MM feels that he had to start Drew this weekend becuase, though its a bunch of BS from our standpoint, he feels that Drew was in a tough spot last Sunday (playing in NE), and that he deserves one more chance in the "friendly" confines of the Ralph.

MM wouldn't start JP after throwing him to the wolves last Sunday night, but you can bet (and please provide input on this if available) that JP will have gotten many more reps with the starters this week in practice.

Drew will be on a short string this Sunday. If we go into halftime down, with Drew having played poorly, I would bet that JP will start the second half.

If this does indeed occur, JP will then be starting the following week in Miami.

This whole scenario makes the most sense to me, but what the hell do I know?

I think MM feels that he had to start Drew this weekend becuase, though its a bunch of BS from our standpoint, he feels that Drew was in a tough spot last Sunday (playing in NE), and that he deserves one more chance in the "friendly" confines of the Ralph.

So, Sunday is "Drew Bledsoe Appreciation Day"? WTF?

So why aint Matthews starting if JP ain't ready?

Bledsoe is just plain shot... and it's damn inhumane in what they're doing to him. He's lost his entire feel for the game and is defenseless. If they keep playing he is going to get hurt.... I have visions of YA Title's last stand... We need to avoid tragedy now.

What the ever loving !@#$ are you talking about? 'friendly confines' BUL stevestojan! This mother !@#$er is a god damn veteran QB. It is HIS FUGGIN JOB to WIN ON THE ROAD!

Either you are posting this to fuggin piss me and anyone with 1/2 a god damn brain off....Or you ARE the stupidest football fan on the planet!

'feels that Drew was in a tough spot last Sunday (playing in NE), and that he deserves one more chance in the "friendly" confines of the Ralph.'

What the !@#$????

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

So, Sunday is "Drew Bledsoe Appreciation Day"?  WTF?

So why aint Matthews starting if JP ain't ready?

Bledsoe is just plain shot... and it's damn inhumane in what they're doing to him.  He's lost his entire feel for the game and is defenseless.  If they keep playing he is going to get hurt.... I have visions of YA Title's last stand... We need to avoid tragedy now.

121602[/snapback]

Dee I gotta agree. This guy as regressed to LESS than a rookie. he is going to end up getting hurt. The smart thing to do is to sit him, Let mathews take the snaps then work JP into starting in the next couple of weeks.

What the ever loving !@#$ are you talking about?  'friendly confines'  BUL stevestojan!  This mother !@#$er is a god damn veteran QB.  It is HIS FUGGIN JOB to WIN ON THE ROAD!

Either you are posting this to fuggin piss me and anyone with 1/2 a god damn brain off....Or you ARE the stupidest football fan on the planet!

'feels that Drew was in a tough spot last Sunday (playing in NE), and that he deserves one more chance in the "friendly" confines of the Ralph.'

What the !@#$????

121610[/snapback]

Condi says hi.

What the ever loving !@#$ are you talking about?  'friendly confines'  BUL stevestojan!  This mother !@#$er is a god damn veteran QB.  It is HIS FUGGIN JOB to WIN ON THE ROAD!

What the !@#$????

121610[/snapback]

:doh::w00t::)

:doh:  :w00t:  :)

121622[/snapback]

Well damn RICO the sombitch says 'feels that Drew was in a tough spot last Sunday (playing in NE), and that he deserves one more chance in the "friendly" confines of the Ralph.'

give me a damn break!

What the !@#$????

121610[/snapback]

Thank god you're here to show us how we should act towards each other on the board. Its all those other posters who are into name calling and attacks that are the problem... :doh:

Thank god you're here to show us how we should act towards each other on the board.  Its all those other posters who are into name calling and attacks that are the problem... :doh:

121629[/snapback]

Take it for so long and you finally punch back. Oh and "POT" I'd quit calling me black if you get the meaning.

Take it for so long and you finally punch back.  Oh and "POT" I'd quit calling me black if you get the meaning.

121642[/snapback]

I'm not the one lamenting how the board has gone downhill and posters have left or saying I'm going to start a new board where this stuff isn't tollerated...

How's that new board coming along btw? :doh:

What the !@#$????

121610[/snapback]

Hey Ice... :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

You are, without a doubt, the biggest POS on this board. While my approach was serious, there was the occassional hint of sarcasm in there which you obviously missed. You can take your halfass, stevestojan thoughts and shove them up your ass.

You recent absence from this board was truly a blessing. I am not alone in being idisappointed in your return. You bring nothing to this board...nothing except negativity and classlessness.

I'm not the one lamenting how the board has gone downhill and posters have left or saying I'm going to start a new board where this stuff isn't tollerated...

How's that new board coming along btw?  :doh:

121692[/snapback]

Don't have time right now to do it.

I'm optimistic that JP would do just as well starting at home, against the 3rd worst defense in the NFL, than he would on the road in Seattle against the #15 defense.

We all know what's going to happen, anyway. Freaking Bledsoe will have a balls-out day this sunday, going 18 for 25, 295 yards, 2 TDs, further mucking up any chance of seeing JP the following week. Mularkey can bench Bledsoe right freaking now, and not a single person would bat an eye after that choke-job in Foxboro, and that includes the players.

Unless JP's leg is in any danger of snapping clean off his body, I just don't see any sane reason to continue trotting Drew out there. I just don't. Give the kid 7 regular season starts. Lobbing balls through hula hoops in practice is a total waste.