How come no one is talking about Russ Grimm?

billsfan89

I was reading the Tim Graham article on possible head coaching candidates and I was shocked that there was no mention of Russ Grimm. The guy is the opposite of DJ offensive coach who instills passion into his players. The guy also has a specialty of helping to get the most out of offensive lines (The Steelers whole was much greater then the sum of their parts as well as the Cards in recent years).

We need a guy who can restore some punch to the offense and get things in order, even without any additions (Other then Butler coming back) this O-line would get a lot better just by his coaching. All in all he seems like a good and obvious candidate. The guy is also not likely to command too high of a salary or a lot of control in the organization. You have to like a guy who was a finalist for the Steelers coaching job when Cower left.

So what does everyone think about Grimm coming to Buffalo?

I'd definitely be interested in seeing a Cowher @GM / Grimm@HC combo, or Ron Wolf and Grimm, provided they got along.

Both moves would require Ralph really opening up the pursestrings, but look... it's now or never. Get serious -- this is an opportunity!

I don't think Cower will come here at all. in the end though Grimm is a serious possibility due to the fact that he is just a coordinator in a coaching pool that has a lot of proven candidates in it.

As far as GM goes Chris Polian, Floyd Reese, or Bruce Allen all come to mind.

I don't know, something about they guy's last name just freaks me out. After 4 years of Skeletor, I'm not interested in anything else that's grim.

Well Bills have already been full of "Mularkey" so why the heck shouldn't their future look "Grimm?" :rolleyes:

Slap. Slap. Slap-slap-slap. You think this is a time for puns? :lol:

:lol:

Well Cincy, I figured since we were fresh out of "where's the best wings", "Jim Kelly is buying the Bills" and "our O-line sucks" topics so it was time to go with some Henny Youngman schtick. :rolleyes:

Sorry ya know?

Well Cincy, I figured since we were fresh out of "where's the best wings", "Jim Kelly is buying the Bills" and "our O-line sucks" topics so it was time to go with some Henny Youngman schtick. :lol:

Sorry ya know?

You are right. I love puns. :rolleyes:

What are we up to now? A hundred Dick topics? :worthy:

A fellow posts about a player acquisition - something to be kicked over, discussed - and it drops like a rock.

Aya Carumba! :lol:

Nothing against Grimm, i just prefer not to be a proving ground again. I'd rather see an established coach that has proven he can win. If not, i'd rather have a guy like Grimm than someone like Haslett.

I just think that Grimm is a much more realistic option then the Gruden's, Cowers, Shanahans, and Holmgrens of the world. Ralph might not want to pay up for, and they might not want to come here even if money is not an object for Ralph. So a guy like Grimm might be the best available option for the Bills.

First you get a good GM who knows football and let him pick a coach. Too much friction if you bring in the coach first.

Ralph should play the "Dying old man who wants to go out a winner" card and beg Polian to come back. His son can take over the Colts.

(Pretty far-fetched but what the hell at this point?)