Jauron was getting $3.5 mill?

I heard John Clayton refer to this earlier today...then on the news Mike Catalana said that there was a rumor that the contract extension was $10 mill over the 3 years.

So, I ask...If Ralph would pay this fool that much, why wouldnt he pony up another 2-3 mill for a better coach?

Everyone says he wouldnt pay a coach $6-7 mill....why not, if Jauron was getting 3+

I heard John Clayton refer to this earlier today...then on the news Mike Catalana said that there was a rumor that the contract extension was $10 mill over the 3 years.

So, I ask...If Ralph would pay this fool that much, why wouldnt he pony up another 2-3 mill for a better coach?

Everyone says he wouldnt pay a coach $6-7 mill....why not, if Jauron was getting 3+

"The Bills never have made their head coach one of the top-paid men in the game, so the fact they would even consider talking to a Shanahan or a Cowher is a sign owner Ralph C. Wilson Jr. could be changing his approach to big-name head coaches. Jauron was making about $3 million a year."

http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/866323.html

Can't say "I" called it, but the local Rochester, NY sports news anchor did. I had not heard of the amount of "the contract extension" ANYWHERE ELSE! Nobody on here replied with any information, so I am guessing that there was ZERO knowledge of this $3 million deal...anywhere. Imagine what Trent would have gotten if he did not get hurt and kept on playing the way he was in the first 5 weeks last year, or started that way this year. :unsure:

Like I mentioned above, if Ralph was willing to pay Dick Jauron $3 million, there is hope for a GOOD coach. He has obviously been paying attention and is willing to/wanting to right the ship. All this being said without mentioning he has the "Glory Day" players speaking out about the situation, probably influencing him...and who knows if Bud Adams' charades had an affect on some of this. I can't help but wonder. I just find it odd that he could have fired Jauron before the bye week, during the bye week...but after the game, played after the bye week? (AND NOT on Monday, but Tuesday?)

I have a feeling that Ralph Wilson wa$ and i$ embarra$$ed at the ****-$how that ha$ become the Buffalo Bill$...see the $money$ $ign$? Ralph has lots, like that sentence does. Throw out history (I know, I know), and there is no reason at all to think that this rich old man will not give one last "hoorah", give it a shot and go for a Championship.

1 year to get into the playoffs...wild card in 2010-'11

2 years to win division...2011-'12

3-5 years to get into the Super Bowl...2012-'15 (so the "world will end" before the Bills get there... :wallbash: )

I feel that we will bring in "football" guys and REALLY go after a top QB in this coming draft...I don't know who?

And I feel that Ralph will open the checkbook for the new GM and sign off on some big acquisitions in the Off-Seasons.

What do ya'all say..."BILLIEVE?" :thumbsup:

No such thing as "was" with coaches contracts. Unlike players, the coaches contracts are guaranteed, he will still get paid, unless Ralph shows his tightness and tries to fight that like he did with Wade Phillips.

I have no personal knowledge of Jaurons contract, but I wonder if after the fiasco with Wade that there may have been a performance clause in it that would either give RW an out for paying him, or maybe a smaller payment than the full contract.