Does Elevating Fewell To HC Satisfy The Clause Requiring

Steely Dan

It seems to me that by elevating Fewell to HC it should satisfy the minority interview and allow them to bring in one of the big name white HC's during the season. Nothing against Fewell but the Bills have to go big or go home IMO. Shanahan, Schottenheimer and Cowher might be able to come in by the end of the year. The only high profile minority HC candidate I see out there is Tony Dungy and he's not coming back any time soon, IMO.

BTW, I hope the next HC possess a SB ring.

It seems to me that by elevating Fewell to HC it should satisfy the minority interview and allow them to bring in one of the big name white HC's during the season. Nothing against Fewell but the Bills have to go big or go home IMO. Shanahan, Schottenheimer and Cowher might be able to come in by the end of the year. The only high profile minority HC candidate I see out there is Tony Dungy and he's not coming back any time soon, IMO.

BTW, I hope the next HC possess a SB ring.

I believe they put the interim tag on Fewell, so with that sad, the minority clause isn't in effect, because it is just on an interim basis.

They would need to "interview" him for the HC position if they hired someone else. If they just hired him full time, that would satisfy the clause.

It might satisfy the minority clause, but it wouldn't satisfy the clause of getting someone in here who might turn this long ago sunken ship around. At this point they might want to hire David Copperfield, it might take some magic to fix this mess.

I believe they put the interim tag on Fewell, so with that sad, the minority clause isn't in effect, because it is just on an interim basis.

I don't think so. Putting the interim tag on him just means he's finishing out the year. His interview to take over the team and his game against Jacksonville should qualify. JMO