How long until...

47Yards

The media has been foaming at the mouth waiting for TO to explode so they can dust off their tried and true story lines. They finally got their chance this weekend when TO went off about TE's route reading.

Does DJ's firing have anything to do with DJs in-season firing? I doubt it; in fact it probably has more to do with Ralph being embarrassed in front of one of his fellow AFL legacy owners.

But will the media draw the connection between DJ's ousting and TO's frustration? Probably. It'll happen during the second-wave of the news cycle when they move from reporting the fact of his firing to interpreting it.

The media has been foaming at the mouth waiting for TO to explode so they can dust off their tried and true story lines. They finally got their chance this weekend when TO went off about TE's route reading.

Does DJ's firing have anything to do with DJs in-season firing? I doubt it; in fact it probably has more to do with Ralph being embarrassed in front of one of his fellow AFL legacy owners.

But will the media draw the connection between DJ's ousting and TO's frustration? Probably. It'll happen during the second-wave of the news cycle when they move from reporting the fact of his firing to interpreting it.

If it comes out in any way that TO somehow convinced management to fire Jauron then instead of vilifying him, fans of the Bills will probably erect a gold statue in his honor in front of Ralph Wilson.

Guest dog14787
If it comes out in any way that TO somehow convinced management to fire Jauron then instead of vilifying him, fans of the Bills will probably erect a gold statue in his honor in front of Ralph Wilson.

T.O. needs to get his walking papers next in my opinion. :thumbsup:

We could give him the key to the city!!! :thumbsup:

I don't think there is any question that TO's outburst had something to do with this. Not to say that Jauron wouldn't have been fired at the end of the season, but now? What made this loss, any different than the other past dozen and a half losses?

First, TO has a well covered hissy fit on the sidelines, during another embarassing loss...then, the 86 year old owner of the Titans (and one of Ralph Wilsons contemporaries in age and league stature) gets a ton of media attention for flipping the bird to the Bills, because he is so happy to see his team win...and then, the most tenured vetran on the team, a "good guy" who never says anything to anyone, comes out and admits that he has no faith in the direction the team is headed... TO started the dominoes falling.

IMO... it was the last straw for Ralph...he still has some pride, it appears. If I am right, I am glad, if for only one day, that Terrell Owens was wearing a Bills uniform. IMO, it was the only positive impact he could have made on this team, this year.

I don't think there is any question that TO's outburst had something to do with this. Not to say that Jauron wouldn't have been fired at the end of the season, but, first, TO has a well covered hissy fit on the sidelines, during another embarassing loss...then, the 86 year old owner of the Titans (and one of Ralph Wilsons contemporaries in age and league stature) gets a ton of media attention for flipping the bird to the Bills, because he is so happy to see his team win...and then, the most tenured vetran on the team, a "good guy" who never says anything to anyone, comes out and admits that he has no faith in the direction the team is headed... TO started the dominoes falling, IMO... it was the last straw for Ralph...he still has some pride, it appears. If I am right, I am glad, if for only one day, that Terrell Owens was wearing a Bills uniform. IMO, it was the only positive impact he could have made on this team, this year.

I'm not sure either way whether or not TO had anything to do with getting the ball rolling on the firing. I would doubt it but it's surely possible.

There were, however, a lot of posters (including myself) who said upon news of TO's signing that it was great news simply because one of two things was going to happen: Either he would get the offense going, or he would explode on the sidelines, start yelling at the coach, and the whole team would blow up. It surely needed to be done, and we surely needed the blow-up.

I'm not sure either way whether or not TO had anything to do with getting the ball rolling on the firing. I would doubt it but it's surely possible.

There were, however, a lot of posters (including myself) who said upon news of TO's signing that it was great news simply because one of two things was going to happen: Either he would get the offense going, or he would explode on the sidelines, start yelling at the coach, and the whole team would blow up. It surely needed to be done, and we surely needed the blow-up.

Completely agree to your second point.

My point was, TO's antics likely played a role. It was the most national attention the putrid state of this franchise has gotten in a while. SportsCenter had a special "TO highlights" package on Sunday night (the most extensive highlights package they have played all season, for a Bills game, except the opener), in addition to their normal 15 second recap of the game.

If you didn't see it, it not only showed TO's sideline scene with Tolbert, but it also showed the incompletions that led to Edwards benching, illustrated TO's uninspired play on a few running plays, and his exaggerated pouting, stomp, back to the line of scrimmage after some Edwards miscues. Then, it showed a snippet of him speaking with the press, with his "same old thing" line. ESPN then showed a graphic, illustrating just how inept the Bills have been offensively...don't remember their exact point (I tend to try to block that stuff out these days), but then the announcers made a few cracks, later, about the Browns ineptness, noting that their only win has come at the expense of the Bills.

Like I said before, the only thing different about this loss, than most that have come before, at least this season, was TO "blowing up". I think there is a correlation. How can Mr Wilson sit at home in Detroit, and listen to this crap, and not get a little worked up? Again, as a someone who thought the Owens signing was ridiculous (I knew he wasn't going to help them win on the field), this was the only positive result of the signing, IMO. Jerry Sullivan made the same point, early on.