if the season ended today ...

dave mcbride

Four out of the six AFC playoff teams would feature top-of-the-draft QBs (Manning, Roethlisberger, Palmer, and Rivers). None of these teams has what you would call a great o-line -- Cincy has lost a lot of their best linemen in recent years (they gave up 51 sacks last year), Indy's line is barely serviceable (it's ALL Manning), SD's mediocre line can't run block to save its life, and Pittsburgh's line is barely better than the Bills' line.

Just sayin'.

Any quarterback, regardless of who it is, preforms better with a decent O-Line. True there are a handful of qb's that can perform behind a poor line, but they are very few in number. The Bills need to focus on solidifying their O-Line so they can make an adequate qb look good, a good qb look great, or a great qb a superstar.

Trust me, that line is bad. They were horrible last year and are still giving up a ton of sacks. They won last year because of Big Ben, a dominating D, and some excellent receiver play.

Quick: name one good player on that line without looking the team up.

Alan Faneca.....he is a Jet.

Any quarterback, regardless of who it is, preforms better with a decent O-Line. True there are a handful of qb's that can perform behind a poor line, but they are very few in number. The Bills need to focus on solidifying their O-Line so they can make an adequate qb look good, a good qb look great, or a great qb a superstar.

I respectfully disagree. I sound like a broken record at this point, but this is a QB-driven league, not an o-line league. The rules are set up to allow teams with great QBs to excel. If you don't have a highly productive, above-average QB in the NFL, you don't have much of a chance. That said, I of course would like to see the Bills build a better line.

I respectfully disagree. I sound like a broken record at this point, but this is a QB-driven league, not an o-line league. The rules are set up to allow teams with great QBs to excel. If you don't have a highly productive, above-average QB in the NFL, you don't have much of a chance. That said, I of course would like to see the Bills build a better line.

While I can see where you're coming from, there are only a handful of those qb's to be had. They are very hard to find and i'm not convinced we have the people in place to identify those individuals. I think it's more practical to solidify your line to have a balanced offense, where you don't necessarily have to rely on your qb all the time. It creates an environment where you can put a young qb in there, minimize his mistakes, and allow him to develop.

I'll definitely give it to ya, nothing beats having that qb that can find a way to win in the 4th no matter what the situation (GO PEYTON! FU BRADY!), but having the entire offense rely on one guy having a good or bad game is risky at best. I don't believe Peyton could do what he did against the Patriots even 3 years ago. It has taken him time to get where he is now.

Trust me, that line is bad. They were horrible last year and are still giving up a ton of sacks. They won last year because of Big Ben, a dominating D, and some excellent receiver play.

Quick: name one good player on that line without looking the team up.

Tunch Ilkin?