Fitzpatrick expected to start

Jerry Jabber

"The End" - The Doors

I am referring to DJ and not TE. TE will go on to have a good career in the NFL either with us or someone else. If this is true, DJ just confirmed what a lot of people already have been saying -- he should not be a head coach in the NFL.

There is no way that this catastrophe of a season is due to TE. While he is not Tom Brady or Manning, he is not one of the major problems on this team. I realize that I am probably in the minority among the majority of posters on this board.

Nevertheless, unless and until they fix the offensive line, it makes very little difference who they put in at QB.

I can't believe I just read this. "Unbelievable" - Rich Gannon

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, Brees did not look good before Rivers was drafted. If Brees did look good in his first 3 years, then why did the Chargers draft Rivers with their first pick? Brees had many games in his first 3 seasons where he threw either under 200 yards and even 100 yards.

Coaching and a good offensive line will make all the difference to a developing QB. If those are in place and your QB is not producing, then you can say without a doubt that it's the QB that's the problem. With Bills, everything is jacked up.

Never mind the fact that Brees averaged over 200 yards in his first and third years and finished his second year averaging 191.

Trent's HIGHEST yards per game average was last year at 193.

His first year, 163, and this year 167.

I'm sorry, but if a quarterback has never and still struggles to average 200 yards per game, something's gotta give.

Never mind the fact that Brees averaged over 200 yards in his first and third years and finished his second year averaging 191.

Trent's HIGHEST yards per game average was last year at 193.

His first year, 163, and this year 167.

I'm sorry, but if a quarterback has never and still struggles to average 200 yards per game, something's gotta give.

Wow, The Big Cat is actually making sense to me. Something is wrong in the Universe. Very wrong. ;)

First off, Brees did not look good before Rivers was drafted. If Brees did look good in his first 3 years, then why did the Chargers draft Rivers with their first pick? Brees had many games in his first 3 seasons where he threw either under 200 yards and even 100 yards.

Coaching and a good offensive line will make all the difference to a developing QB. If those are in place and your QB is not producing, then you can say without a doubt that it's the QB that's the problem. With Bills, everything is jacked up.

So the same OL and coaching with Bledsoe was a conspiracy to get Brady in for the Pats and the same OL and coaching was a conspiracy to let Rob Johnson fail and let Flutie succeed?

Of course coaching and OLs make some difference but in the NFL coaching and OL play is very similar across the board. Did Dan Henning, Mike Malarkey, and Kevin Gilbride become geniuses once they left B'lo? They all succeeded and none of the QBs did. Put P Manning on our team and we are 8-1 at least with the same coaching and OL.

Pittsburgh's OL allowed the most sacks in the NFL the year they won the SB....well, that's b/c Big Ben is one the best 5 QBs in the league. I am just so tired of the apologists for awful QB play. Last year it was that we had no weapons opposite L Evans. Well, we do now and both of them are consistently open and Trent cannot hit them.....not talking about times when guys are in his face. When he has 4 seconds to get rid of the ball and does not.

If Trent is soooo good like people still seem to claim and it's everyone else's fault then he will definitely go on after Buffalo and succeed. My bet is that his fate is the same as T Collins, RJ, Bledsoe and Losman b/c they all have the same thing in common......they are not quality starting QBs in the NFL.

Like I have said before:

We all are Bills fans. We all want the same thing. We just disagree on the path to get there.

And this time we happen to be on the same patch of road.

did you even watch fitzy play?? he's terrible! trent completes 10% more passes, which is a ton in the nfl. this is a no-brainer. the offense was absolutely dead with fitz

Look, I still believe Jauron has some rare but indispensable qualities of a good coach:

Humility, honor, intelligence, diplomacy, and trustworthiness. But it's just not enough.

Something is fundamentally missing. This was the first time we lost after a bye-week since he's been in Buffalo. The guy has never had a good quarterback, but I'm convinced now that has nothing to do with X's and O's and everything to do with some intangible charisma that he just fails to convey.

There it is. The undeniable recognition. You will probably never figure out what "it" is. You may not even care. But it's there.

In reality, there is no "one" thing that's causing it. It's part of his character/behavior.

The only way I have been able to convey it is "He lacks passion", but will admit that may not be 100% correct description.

He's demeanor created an atmosphere of apathy and no real direction. Win/lose, no difference.

You're right, he's a hard guy to "give up on" (as though my endorsement is of any consequence whatsoever), and all along I wanted it to work less because of Dick, and more so we could avoid having to blow the damn thing up again, but he just doesn't have it. May be he's to blame for Trent's lack of development, may be not. But to this point, he's done nothing to indicate he can develop a quarterback, whatever that takes.

And right now, we need a !@#$ing quarterback.

Yep. And that SOB doesn't exist on this roster.

:thumbsup:

7 games to go, and another year already pissed away.

The nightmare continues