Why I think the long-term coaching change won't happen

JÂy RÛßeÒ

It's all about the business. They have most of our money for this year (except for parking & concessions from 3 more games at RWS). Brandon will need something huge to sell seats again. The draft won't do it. Free Agent QBs look like slim pickings and the price will be high with several teams looking. He can't have Ralph killed (can he?). What else can he do to once again build optimism in a pissed-off fan base? This year it was TO (and look how that's turning out on the field).

This coaching change has to be MONUMENTAL. He may opt for an "interim head coach" situation for the last few games of this season but would April be OK with going back to Special Teams coordinator after getting a taste of head coaching?

I think they shouldn't care less about whether or not April wants to go back to special teams IF they make him interim head coach. The main problem is the football operations. They need to rebuild the scouting department, the O & D lines, then get a competent individual to lead the team on the field.

I wouldn't expect a mid-season head coaching change to turn the team around. I just want it to happen to prove to the fans and everyone involved with the organization that the on-field performance is beyond unacceptable. Then take your time to make the major changes that we all want to see so that it's all in place during the off-season and ready for the draft.

If you see a coaching change in the NFL during the season, it usually is done with no expectations of the playoffs. Changing a coach in the NHL, MLB, or NBA is different because the seasons are long enough to turn things around (see: 2009 Colorado Rockies, 2003 Florida Marlins, 2009 Pittsburgh Penguins & Carolina Hurricanes). The NFL season is too short to expect an immediate turnaround.

When you've pissed off the fan base as much as the Bills did in '09, the absolutely worst thing you can do is ride out the year with the same staff, because it sends a message to the fans that either you don't care or the fans are suckers (maybe a bit of both)

Just like the '49er move last year. Few thought that Singletary was going to be the long term answer. But at least the team reassured the fans that Nolan was not going to ride out the season in lame duck mode. So we don't know if the interim will stay or not, but that's not the point.

I think it's about time that Ralph Wilson stop insulting the people that give him a lot of cash.

When you've pissed off the fan base as much as the Bills did in '09, the absolutely worst thing you can do is ride out the year with the same staff, because it sends a message to the fans that either you don't care or the fans are suckers (maybe a bit of both)

Just like the '49er move last year. Few thought that Singletary was going to be the long term answer. But at least the team reassured the fans that Nolan was not going to ride out the season in lame duck mode. So we don't know if the interim will stay or not, but that's not the point.

I think it's about time that Ralph Wilson stop insulting the people that give him a lot of cash.

I think Ralph will have to make drastic changes in the organization for next season otherwise he may be sitting at the stadium by himself, watching Dick lose yet again.If he does nothing this off season expect the repercussions to be quite severe in season ticket sales.Maybe thats his ploy to move this team.BTW does anyone know if the Toronto game sold out?If not good luck selling those tickets.Mr Rodgers is probably turning over in his grave right about now paying 72 million to watch this garbage.