The OFFICIAL bring back Marv thread

Corp000085

When TD gets fired, the new GM will need to hire a proven coach. That leads to Marv, who didn't come back the last time cause the current front office is more closed minded than a mississippi legistator in the 1950's. I stated in the ICE thread about fassel that marv comes in with weiss as asst. HC and OC. Marv stays for 2 years and hands it over to weiss. Just my $0.02, which happens to be $0.02 richer than this current piece of crap front office.

When TD gets fired, the new GM will need to hire a proven coach.  That leads to Marv, who didn't come back the last time cause the current front office is more closed minded than a mississippi legistator in the 1950's.  I stated in the ICE thread about fassel that marv comes in with weiss as asst. HC and OC.  Marv stays for 2 years and hands it over to weiss.  Just my $0.02, which happens to be $0.02 richer than this current piece of crap front office.

121320[/snapback]

http://205.134.161.85/forums/index.php?sho...d=121321&st=0

Miami will not get a new head coach this season unless it is Steve Spurrier. Weis is under contract and NFL rules do not allow a coach to even talk to another team during the season with permission from the contract-holding team. There is no way NE will allow a division rival get Weiss during the season. That said, Wiess will again find himself tied up into January as the Pats will probably at least got the Confence Championship.

More importanly, I cannot see Ralph Wilson fire TD as that would mean a certain demise for MM, who will be paid by the Bills for several years regardless of who is coaching the Bills.

The bottom line is, in my opinion, MM better get his head on straight soon, of we all better get use to this crap for a while. I just hope Mr. Wilson realizes he isn't getting any younger, fire TD, let the new GM bring in Wiess and get the Bills back to a Super Bowl before it is too late for him.

TD will not be fired, if anything happens at all, he was just lose his GM title and remain President.  Everyone is kidding themselves if they think TD will be leaving the Buffalo Bills anytime soon.

121394[/snapback]

I would say it's very possible. Last year there were rumors are Ralph being fed up with TD and Ralph may say enough is enough and I want a winner with all the $ payed out to these FA's. If you think you can predict what Ralph will do with TD at the end of a 4-year stay as GM and the record he has compiled then your wrong. Don't kid yourself he's tired of losing. This is the same guy who fired Bill Polian after getting us to 3 superbowl's!

Are you kidding me? Talent is NOT the issue. We have a TON of "Talent" on this team. The problem is that talent alone is not enough. I dont know how to solve the problem, but getting more talent guys will just produce more of the same. We need winners.

BTW, who on the squad besides milloy and drew has a ring? Fletcher?

Are you kidding me?  Talent is NOT the issue.  We  have a TON of "Talent" on this team. The problem is that talent alone is not enough.  I dont know how to solve the problem, but getting more talent guys will just produce more of the same.  We need winners.

BTW, who on the squad besides milloy and drew has a ring?  Fletcher?

121462[/snapback]

We do have some talent on this team, but to make a blanket statement that talent is not the issue is false. We have the same personnel on this team and, with a better coach for the line in McNally, we still have not seen the kind of improvement that will carry this team to the level of a competitor. On the line, we have barely average players doing their best, which is............barely average. Teague has shown improvement this year and is probably playing the best out of the starting five this year, but he's nowhere close to being a Pro Bowl caliber lineman. What we need, especially in the interior of the OL, is indeed more talent. Not just guys with impressive workout numbers or nice guys who have impeccable character, but PLAYERS who can get it done on the field. Other teams can seem to find such players to man their offensive lines, why is it so difficult for the Bills?

OK. Reality check. Marv is not getting any younger. Even the other geniuses Parcells and Gibbs are having problems.

To think that Marv can turn this team and provide 5+ years of service is pure fiction.

I couldn't disagree more. The difference between Marv and those guys is that those guys are/were strategists, Marv was more of an inspirational leader. The things that Marv excelled at were building team chemistry, backing up your players, and inspiring a team. Marv was more motivator than X's and O's coach. He'd have to be backed with strong coordinators, but Marv would be the type of coach who could come back and be successful.