Pondering the game and future of the team.

Steely Dan

Jairus Byrd has started seven games this year and played in nine. He has 34 tackles and 8 int.. Darren Sharper (Four time pro-bowler) has played eight games starting all eight. He has 35 tackles 7 ints. and 0.5 sack. If Byrd isn't defensive rookie of the year and playing in the Pro-Bowl there is something very wrong.

TE and ML are getting a mulligan for this year from me. The offensive line is so horrendous it's difficult to see anyone playing spectacularly behind that line. The Bills first pick next year needs to be a tackle and the later rounds should be OL heavy. Injuries on the line have really hurt them but even the starters aren't that good. The two good things for the line are that Wood and Levitre look like they will be solid next year, Wood is already solid, even though he had a really stupid penalty today. Also, Meredith may be a good pickup. I want to see him play again when he's healthy before making a call though.

I can't remember a game where I've heard John McCargo's name called as much during a broadcast. He had three solo tackles and two assists.

Marcus Stroud is the most important player the Bills have on defense.

Chris Johnson is, make your jaw drop to the floor, great! Why the Titans have only three wins with him on the team is mystifying.

The Bills played 3 quarters of good football and one quarter of horrendous football. Goodbye Dick J. You're a great human being and lousy HC. All hail Cowher!! :thumbsup:

I can't get angry with TO for anything he's done so far. He will leave Buffalo remembering it as his worst season. From the mishandling of his real estate rentals to his first game without a catch he's been effed by this team and this city.

Fred Jackson is by far the best RB on the team right now. 'Nuff said.

The Bills have one of, if not the best defensive backfields. When McKelvin returns next year it'll be awesome.

Why isn't Steve Johnson used more? I think if the new coaching staff is good they'll use him a lot more.

Some people have said that Byrd's interceptions are all luck. Some are lucky but the majority are skill.

A similar analogy can be made for the strength and conditioning coach. A few of the injuries have been bad luck, but there are so many I have to think it goes beyond bad luck. The Bills need a new strength and conditioning coach next offseason.

I'm guessing a 5-11 finish for them this year.