Someone Please Explain the Palin Hatred!

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, not many people hate Obama at all. In fact, polls show that he is consistently popular as a person.

I'm beginning to dislike him as a person a lot. When he speaks he avoids the truth with vague and veiled ideas. For example, He said in front of Congress that health care reform will not cover illegals. A few days later he speaks to a Hispanic group and discusses health care and says that he will push for comprehensive immigration reform. This is simply code for amnesty-like reform which will then provide them with coverage at taxpayer expense.

Dishonesty is a poor trait.

Nevermind "liberal"...Typically, I find that most people who hold to any ideology have opinions that are in by that ideology, end of story. The second-hardest thing in the world is to question one's own assumptions - the hardest is to identify them in the first place.

I could give plenty of real-world examples from my own experience (hell, my own family - a large, diverse, and not always intelligent bunch. My mother, for example, takes everything Bill O'Reilly says as gospel). But one need not look any further than the current top five topics on this board - Hedd's mindless Palin-bashing, billsfan4life's unabashed jingoism, a global warming thread that is almost entirely dogmatic... The big difference between this board and reality, though, is that in reality people tend to seek out and associate with like-minded people, so find their intellectual prejudices reinforced at every turn rather than questioned.

EDIT:

Cases in point... :)

Black taco