Pop Quiz, Hot Shots!

As the origianl poster who has never posted something here without an agenda (do any of us?) I think that would be best if it came from you seeing I have no idea what is inside that tiny brain of yours.

Well, just so we're clear, I'm pro-Capital Punishment.

But I'm not pro-kill 37 guys in 2008 while 4000 more sit (and eventually die of natural causes) on death row.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

George Wendt likes to drink beer.

I think Cliff Claven's Buffalo Theory deserves a Nobel Prize

Well you see, Norm, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo and when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive drinking of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.

:wallbash:

I think Cliff Claven's Buffalo Theory deserves a Nobel Prize

Well you see, Norm, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo and when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive drinking of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.

:wallbash:

+1 or 2 or 3

I'll tell you what alarmed me about it, and you can feel free to alarmed, or not feel alarmed. It's really up to you.

When I read that the UN was trying to prevent Kyrzgkstan from reinstating the death penalty I thought, "Hmm, that's funny. The let us employ the death penalty, and surely other countries can as well. Surely capital punishment is a common thing in the 21st Century, let's see just how hypocritical the UN is being."

Low and behold, I was completely wrong. Capital punishment is not common, and once the United States is removed from the list, it's something that's simply not practiced in the Western world.

I found that alarming and frankly I was a bit disappointed in myself as an American because our practices gave me a false sense for how the rest of the world chooses to deal with their prisoners.

I'm not sure if I follow you (either share the Chicago weed or smoke it after you post here :wallbash: ) but are you saying that you were ok with our practice of capital punishment until you found out the company we're with?

I'm not sure if I follow you (either share the Chicago weed or smoke it after you post here :wallbash: ) but are you saying that you were ok with our practice of capital punishment until you found out the company we're with?

I'm okay with Capital Punishment, but I had to stop and think about it when I realized it's not something the rest of the world condones.

But, even after I thought about it, I still support it. I didn't let my opinion be swayed by the less-than-savory company we keep in this regard.

To me, this is one the few instances when what's good for the world isn't good for us.

I guess I'm also a bit shocked that other countries have figured out (successfully or otherwise) how to deal with their rapists and murders without having to kill them.

I'm curious how that's working for them.

Like I said though, I do think it's retarded that we offed 37 guys in 2008 while we still have almost 4,000 sitting waiting to be killed.

I'll tell you what alarmed me about it, and you can feel free to alarmed, or not feel alarmed. It's really up to you.

When I read that the UN was trying to prevent Kyrzgkstan from reinstating the death penalty I thought, "Hmm, that's funny. The let us employ the death penalty, and surely other countries can as well. Surely capital punishment is a common thing in the 21st Century, let's see just how hypocritical the UN is being."

Low and behold, I was completely wrong. Capital punishment is not common, and once the United States is removed from the list, it's something that's simply not practiced in the Western world.

I found that alarming and frankly I was a bit disappointed in myself as an American because our practices gave me a false sense for how the rest of the world chooses to deal with their prisoners.

Of course, your judging the commonality of capital punishment by data from ONE year, and conveniently ignoring countries that still consider execution a legal form of punishment, but simply didn't kill anyone in 2008 (like India, or South Korea, or Jordan...)

So I don't know what your point is...but I'm pretty sure you don't, either.

Of course, your judging the commonality of capital punishment by data from ONE year, and conveniently ignoring countries that still consider execution a legal form of punishment, but simply didn't kill anyone in 2008 (like India, or South Korea, or Jordan...)

So I don't know what your point is...but I'm pretty sure you don't, either.

I was actually curious as to why Indian wasn't on the list.

But now that you add them, South Korea, and Jordan, well then forget anything at all about this being a completely non-Western practice.

Halfway into a 6 pack dude, cut some slack :thumbsup:

And dictionary.com failed me. (We need a shaking fist icon)

I failed myself for not clicking on these links.

I knew it looked very wrong when I posted it but hey if it's on the web it has to be right. :wallbash:

BTW what does being half way into a 6-pack have to do with anything? Does it mean you're now ready to start drinking? Lightweight.