Pop Quiz, Hot Shots!

What do the following countries, and only the following countries have in common with the United States?

1. China
  2. Iran
  3. Saudi Arabia
  4. North Korea
  5. Pakistan
  6. Iraq
  7. Vietnam
  8. Afghanistan
  9. Japan
  10. Yemen
  11. Indonesia
  12. Libya
  13. Sudan
  14. Bangladesh
  15. Belarus
  16. Somalia
  17. Egypt
  18. United Arab Emirates
  19. Malaysia
  20. Mongolia
  21. Singapore
  22. Syria
  23. Bahrain
  24. Botswana
  25. Saint Kitts and Nevis

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do the following counties, and only the following countries have in common with the United States?

1. China
  2. Iran
  3. Saudi Arabia
  4. North Korea
  5. Pakistan
  6. Iraq
  7. Vietnam
  8. Afghanistan
  9. Japan
  10. Yemen
  11. Indonesia
  12. Libya
  13. Sudan
  14. Bangladesh
  15. Belarus
  16. Somalia
  17. Egypt
  18. United Arab Emirates
  19. Malaysia
  20. Mongolia
  21. Singapore
  22. Syria
  23. Bahrain
  24. Botswana
  25. Saint Kitts and Nevis

None of those countries have ever been in my kitchen.

Specifically: they exercised their state right to kill a man in 2008.

Oh, no point. No point whatsoever, infer nothing by the company we're in.

So because we believe in the Death Penalty we're the same as Somalia? Boy must be a slow day down on the farm. This is an old, tired and actually quite stupid arguement.

So because we believe in the Death Penalty we're the same as Somalia? Boy must be a slow day down on the farm. This is an old, tired and actually quite stupid arguement.

Just some food for thought. Feel free to partake, if you like. There was nothing I intended to argue. Just the facts, ma'am.

I'm not a fan of the death penalty. There's a lot of reasons not to like it: Cost, abuse of institutional power, etc. There's also not much to like about life in prison (expensive, emboldening of prisoners because they have nothing to lose, etc).

At the end of the day there aren't any easy solutions to these very complicated problems.

I'm not a fan of the death penalty. There's a lot of reasons not to like it: Cost, abuse of institutional power, etc. There's also not much to like about life in prison (expensive, emboldening of prisoners because they have nothing to lose, etc).

At the end of the day there aren't any easy solutions to these very complicated problems.

I blame the schools.

Bullfargingshit.

Look man, you can't just give me an agenda for the sole purpose of disagreeing with me.

On the radio today we were discussing a news piece about Kyrgyzstan defying a UN Protocol prohibiting them from reinstating the death penalty.

Doing some background research, I came across this list, and found it alarming.

Just thought I'd share.

But if you really want to argue with me, by all means continue putting contentious talking points in my mouth you can get pissed off about.

I've always agreed with your point here 100%. But to infer that we (the US) have anything in common with the other countries on the list other than capital punishment is absurd. And you know that's what the little kitten is doing here.

Look man, you can't just give me an agenda for the sole purpose of disagreeing with me.

On the radio today we were discussing a news piece about Kyrgyzstan defying a UN Protocol prohibiting them from reinstating the death penalty.

Doing some background research, I came across this list, and found it alarming.

Just thought I'd share.

But if you really want to argue with me, by all means continue putting contentious talking points in my mouth you can get pissed off about.

What's alarming about it?

I've always agreed with your point here 100%. But to infer that we (the US) have anything in common with the other countries on the list other than capital punishment is absurd. And you know that's what the little kitten is doing here.

Please tell me which other similarities I intended to draw.

Your esteem for my creativity is flattering.

Please tell me which other similarities I intended to draw.

Your esteem for my creativity is flattering.

As the origianl poster who has never posted something here without an agenda (do any of us?) I think that would be best if it came from you seeing I have no idea what is inside that tiny brain of yours.

What's alarming about it?

I'll tell you what alarmed me about it, and you can feel free to alarmed, or not feel alarmed. It's really up to you.

When I read that the UN was trying to prevent Kyrzgkstan from reinstating the death penalty I thought, "Hmm, that's funny. The let us employ the death penalty, and surely other countries can as well. Surely capital punishment is a common thing in the 21st Century, let's see just how hypocritical the UN is being."

Low and behold, I was completely wrong. Capital punishment is not common, and once the United States is removed from the list, it's something that's simply not practiced in the Western world.

I found that alarming and frankly I was a bit disappointed in myself as an American because our practices gave me a false sense for how the rest of the world chooses to deal with their prisoners.