RNC ends abortion coverage for employees

PastaJoe

The Republican National Committee will no longer offer employees an insurance plan that covers abortion, Politico reports this morning.

"Money from our loyal donors should not be used for this purpose," Chairman Michael Steele said in a statement. "I don't know why this policy existed in the past, but it will not exist under my administration. Consider this issue settled."

The decision follows a story by Politico on Thursday disclosing that the RNC's insurance plan with Cigna has covered elective abortion since 1991. The party officially opposes abortion rights. It's platform calls the procedure "a fundamental assault on innocent human life."

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/on...its-employees/1

Ironic that while they've been complaining about the current healthcare proposals, they didn't even know what was in their own plan for almost the past 2 decades.

The Republican National Committee will no longer offer employees an insurance plan that covers abortion, Politico reports this morning.

"Money from our loyal donors should not be used for this purpose," Chairman Michael Steele said in a statement. "I don't know why this policy existed in the past, but it will not exist under my administration. Consider this issue settled."

The decision follows a story by Politico on Thursday disclosing that the RNC's insurance plan with Cigna has covered elective abortion since 1991. The party officially opposes abortion rights. It's platform calls the procedure "a fundamental assault on innocent human life."

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/on...its-employees/1

Ironic that while they've been complaining about the current healthcare proposals, they didn't even know what was in their own plan for almost the past 2 decades.

Ironically, this is likely to increase the number of Democrats in the country.

even if she has one, it still costs money.....and I suspect you would not really want to find out the answer to your question....(granted you did ask about 'the average' woman)

Stupid Question: Why would a woman need abortion insurance? I mean, how many abortions does the average woman receive? :lol:

Stupid Question: Why would a woman need abortion insurance? I mean, how many abortions does the average woman receive? :lol:

It's not a stand-alone insurance policy, but part of the comprehensive coverage that was part of the policy. Nobody plans on having any illness or medical procedure.