9/11 masterminds to be tried in Lower Manhattan

bills_fan

:lol: I think the argument is that they don't have to be put on trial when the tribunal at Gitmo is available.

Or that putting them on trial is illegal under the Geneva Convention.

Apparently, though, the Geneva Convention was only meaningful as a means to bash the previous administration.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gitmo needs to be closed. I have more faith in our judicial system and Constitution than you naysayers.

Why should a foreign national engaged in a military activity not covered under international law be afforded full rights & privileges of the US legal system?

Too bad you equate those of us who believe in the rule of law and the Constitution as "hand wringers". I don't believe in your Taliban-style preference to just kill those in detention without a day in court. Previous terrorists like the blind sheik and Timothy McVeigh went through our judicial system without incident and were found guilty.

Ah the beloved Tim McVeigh. Got Clinton a second term with a rental truck and some fertilizer. Not the same, to Me, as a world wide organization funded with billions of petro dollars and a avowed desire to destroy the West

Ah the beloved Tim McVeigh. Got Clinton a second term with a rental truck and some fertilizer. Not the same, to Me, as a world wide organization funded with billions of petro dollars and a avowed desire to destroy the West

Well that and the fact he was a US citizen.

Like Leahy said, "They committed a crime in America". So he thinks they are no longer combatants of war and the act of flying a jet into the twin towers, being it is in America, is under civil jurisdiction.

So now we use the military to go to foreign lands to capture common !@#$ing criminals? (not sure, but is that legal?)

"I think that Eric Holder, our Attorney General, is right; I think the president is right in holding the trials of these murderers in New York City,".... Leahy

So much for them being involved in a heinous act of war.

Like Leahy said, "They committed a crime in America". So he thinks they are no longer combatants of war and the act of flying a jet into the twin towers, being it is in America, is under civil jurisdiction.

So now we use the military to go to foreign lands to capture common !@#$ing criminals? (not sure, but is that legal?)

"I think that Eric Holder, our Attorney General, is right; I think the president is right in holding the trials of these murderers in New York City,".... Leahy

So much for them being involved in a heinous act of war.

Leahy is a joke. Always has been.

Very interesting.

"The attorney general doesn't have the authority to mandate that the secretary of Defense turn somebody over to him and yield jurisdiction so that something that would have been done in a military setting is done in a civilian setting,"

Unless the Secretary of Defense caves to political pressure.

Friggin Holder puts politics above protecting classified info and giving these guys a world stage.