31 other teams would start Matthews

nodnarb

MM said he's going to go with Drew next week because there are 7 games left and we're not out of it yet. What? We'd have to win out AND get VERY lucky with other teams W/L record. We will not win any 10-6 AFC tiebreaker. The only way the Bills can make the playoffs is if we win out AND there's only one other 10-6 wildcard and the next best are a slew of 9-7 teams. How likely is that? Not very. Not the way these games have been coached (punting on the pats 35 after the only decent drive...what kind of message is that? I thought this team was confident...?) and not with Drew at the helm.

the problem is this twisted loyalty to Bledsoe. Other teams must be saying to themselves, 'what the hell are they doing?' The league has shown time and again that journeymen quarterbacks can get it done. Guys that don't give games away like Drew did in Baltimore and Foxboro. Matthews gives the Bills the best chance to win because he's not going to throw into triple coverage. He's not going to lock onto one receiver all day. He's not going to stare down the pass rush and bend over while they take him down slowly (the typical bledsoe sack).

The twisted logic in MM's decision is this: If the Bills beat the Rams, no matter how Drew plays, it'll be ammunition for starting him the following week, which prolongs the inevitable. If they lose one more game, we're out no matter what. What MM is essentially saying is, "we're going to go with the guy who can't execute a swing pass and is clearly at the end of his rope until we're officially out of it." Then we'll go with a guy who just might spark this offense.

Why not just SEE what Shane can do? If he stinks, which I doubt he would, pull him and put in Bledsoe if you have to. If JP isn't ready because of his missed time, start Shane. By the way...I really like MM, but lately that like has been wittled away. His gameday coaching has been too conservative for a team ostensibly built with playmakers. His preoposterous punts are Gregg Williams all over again. The continued belief that Drew can get it done is making it hard for me to distinguish him from Gregg Williams and Kevin Gilbride.

They have said that Drew has played a big role in our 3 wins. Well, yes and no. Look at the numbers from those games and they're all pedestrian, QB stat wise. He was able to make a few plays, but he also *missed a ton of others*. Any other QB would have come away with wins in those games because our defense and ST played a bigger role than Drew did.

Besides ST, what's better this year over last? Our rushing stats are WAAAYY down. Our passing stats are WAAAAAAAAAAY down. This team would get crushed by the Bills of last season.

He hasn't shown me anything, and I desperately want him to show me something so that I can fuel my liking and optimism for this coach.

But my tank is running near empty. Can't post another word until the Rams game is over. Please, God. Please let JP be a good one.

Western new york football needs a new hero. Badly.

Rams 23

Bills 16

Actually this is an overstatement. Bledsoe is toast. Losman has been out for two months and is just getting back into it. He'll be the starter as soon as he's in playing shape. High probablity is he'll suck too and it will be business as usual on this ungrateful board.

Bide your time. You'll get your chance.

Outstanding post, I agree 100% except for this line:

This team would get crushed by the Bills of last season.

121125[/snapback]

I think this year's team is vastly improved over last year's gutless team, with the exception of the QB who still royally sucks.

JP had no business coming into that game on Sunday, Matthews should've started the 2nd half.

Good words, nod. It's no secret that I'm a Matthews fan. He's not the second coming, but for those who care to look up his stats, he's a competent player with no flash but knows the NFL game. Weak franchises buy time to regroup with such qb's.

This is a team in a funk, because love him or hate him, DB simply does not pull his weight. His hang-dog deportment has repercussions. Everybody says he's a nice guy, but I don't think much of him as a player. Cripe, last year, he should have flung his helmet and stormed off of the field with the GW/KG ba-de-ba. After all his years, surely he must have known what jackass playcalling was going on, but he did nada. His poor attitude, admittedly different then what normally passes for a poor attitude, is a fact.

I agree that Bledsoe's days as a Buffalo Bill are numbered, but I disagree that 31 other teams would start Shane Mathews, or that it would be a great idea to do so. Before the NE game, Bledsoe had a couple pretty good games. At home in the more comfortable confines of the Ralph, I think he may well have a pretty good game versus the Rams. I think he may well have a better chance of helping the Bills win than Matthews.

I do think that the Bills need to get Losman some quality reps in practice so he will be able to play sooner rather than later. Since the Bills need to change things up on the road where they have fallen on their faces all season long, maybe the Bills should consider giving Losman a shot either at Seattle or at Miami depending on how soon he cam be ready.

Good words, nod. It's no secret that I'm a Matthews fan. He's not the second coming, but for those who care to look up his stats, he's a conpetent player with no flash but knows the NFL game. Weak franchises buy time to regroup with such qb's.

121138[/snapback]

BUT... BUT no one wanted him this year until the Bills gave him a call, he can't be any good. :doh:

Let's stick with Drew, with all that $$$ we pay him, he's gotta still be good. :D

Actually this is an overstatement.  Bledsoe is toast.  Losman has been out for two months and is just getting back into it.  He'll be the starter as soon as he's in playing shape.  High probablity is he'll suck too and it will be business as usual on this ungrateful board.

Bide your time.  You'll get your chance.

121134[/snapback]

Yes this Board is ungrateful...Ungrateful for an amazing 12 Wins in the last 33 Games...We should be ashamed!

Pardon me while I hang my head in shame....

:doh:

Yes this Board is ungrateful...Ungrateful for an amazing 12 Wins in the last 33 Games...We should be ashamed!

Pardon me while I hang my head in shame....

:D

121149[/snapback]

Yeah, and if we can just make arrangements with the league to play all 16 games at the Ralph, then Bledsoe won't have to be upset by those hostile "other" stadiums. Let's see, 5 All-Pros on the OLine, a HOF Tight End, Three HOF Wideouts in their prime, a HB that can gain 2,500 yards in a season, and a FB who can bust down a brick wall with his forearm - that should just about do it don't you think? Let's get Drew that and see what he can do! :doh: See - it's everybody else's fault!