(OT) Passed my electrical inspection!

Fezmid

I'm sure nobody cares, but I wanted to beam. :doh: I'm finishing my basement to put in an office and a home theater. Started it in May '03, but had to delay due to water problems (which I posted about here awhile ago). I think the builder FINALLY fixed it, so I'm resuming construction.

Today, the inspector came by today to look over the electrical, hvac, and framing. I passed the inspection with flying colors! The only thing I need to do is to put a smoke detector in the main area (it's currently in the office). Pretty sweet. :D

Next step -- low voltage and insulation. :unsure:

I REALLY hope I finish before the Superbowl, although that's a rather tight timeline...

That's all :D

CW

I'm sure nobody cares, but I wanted to beam. :doh:  I'm finishing my basement to put in an office and a home theater.  Started it in May '03, but had to delay due to water problems (which I posted about here awhile ago).  I think the builder FINALLY fixed it, so I'm resuming construction.

Today, the inspector came by today to look over the electrical, hvac, and framing.  I passed the inspection with flying colors!  The only thing I need to do is to put a smoke detector in the main area (it's currently in the office).  Pretty sweet. :D

Next step -- low voltage and insulation. :unsure:

I REALLY hope I finish before the Superbowl, although that's a rather tight timeline...

That's all :D

CW

120892[/snapback]

Sounds good. BTW, any resolution on the whole-house surge protector?

Congrats!!

And look on the bright side.....since May of '03, home theatre technology is far better than it was over 2 years ago!  You've upgraded your system without any extra labor!

120898[/snapback]

Yeah, except I was so excited about the theather that I already bought the projector... :D It's been sitting in a closet since the Superbowl... Oh well.

Anyone want a very lightly used Panasonic L300u so that I can buy the newer model? :doh:

CW

Sounds good. BTW, any resolution on the whole-house surge protector?

120911[/snapback]

I talked to the inspector about my panel, and he said I can use tandem breakers or a sub-panel if I want (no need to upgrade the main panel). So because of that, I don't need to hire an electriction so I don't think I'm going to spend the money on the surge protector. Hopefully that won't come back to bite me...

CW

I talked to the inspector about my panel, and he said I can use tandem breakers or a sub-panel if I want (no need to upgrade the main panel).  So because of that, I don't need to hire an electriction so I don't think I'm going to spend the money on the surge protector.  Hopefully that won't come back to bite me...

CW

120913[/snapback]

Nah, probably won't. I read or heard somewhere (here?) that modern tv's etc. should have individual protectors like computer set-ups.

I recently purchased a Toshiba flat-screen tube tv and cheap Daewoo VCR/DVD, and the Toshiba tv manual recommended that. So I did it.