Holy Trinity

SWVABillsFan

It's like water, steam and ice.

Same substance, same person, different forms.

That may indeed be the best way to explain the Trinity.

When I pray, I pray to God in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior. The Holy Spirit is to point the way to Jesus and (perhaps) to inform our conscience of when we have sinned or done wrong.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose it's a function of your own personal spirituality and point of view.

For example, some might consider it to be Kelly, Thomas, and Smith. Or Perreault, Robert, and Martin.

Some might say Pizza, Wings, Beer.

Others might claim the trinity to be a sexually adventurous girl who is open to all three inputs.

Your definition that references God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit could work, but it seems a little ridiculous and fictional.

That may indeed be the best way to explain the Trinity.

When I pray, I pray to God in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior. The Holy Spirit is to point the way to Jesus and (perhaps) to inform our conscience of when we have sinned or done wrong.

Well said. That's how I roll, too.

Speaking of rolls, that cheesesteak is looking mighty tasty.

It's like water, steam and ice.

Same substance, same person, different forms.

Nice explanation!

God=Jesus=Holy Spirit.

I'm in an Eastern Orthodox Christianity class. My teacher tried explaining it to the class, but that's pretty much all I got out of it.

The trinity (or more accurately, the triunity) is three individual entitites sharing the same essence of divinity. Each has an individual role and purpose. But if one is to pray and one is a bible-believing protestant, one would pray to the Father through Christ. One is also guided by the Holy Spirit to move their behaviors toward the goal set by Christ.