Idiot super-liberal Matthews officially became certifiable

1billsfan

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good, so it's settled, according to this definition, there is a 99% chance that this was an act of terrorism.

Criminal violence: CHECK (shot over 40 people)

coherent framework of planning: CHECK (purchased the gun a month before the act of "terror" and went to a targeted area where many armed service personel were set to be deployed to the middle east)

Expressed philosophy: CHECK (as evidenced in the many many circumstantial pieces of evidence that has been provided in this thread)

Glad you helped clarify things for us Tom :lol:

All that demonstrates is that you can cherry-pick phrases to suit your own prejudices (normally, I'd accuse you of being illiterate, but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt). I didn't write a grocery list you can pick and choose from.

Instead of the above bull ****, explain how his actions were planned and executed in order to further a goal defined by his philosophy. You haven't demonstrated planning, coherent or otherwise, any sort of goal, and as you said yourself the interpretation of his philosophical leanings (i.e. that he was a Jihadist) is entirely circumstantial. If it's truly terrorism, you have to be able to explain that according to the Jihadist principles he was taught and embraced, he consciously formed a specific plan to commit violence in pursuit of a specific goal designed to further those same principles. "He talked to an imam and bought a gun and shot people" doesn't cut it.

All that demonstrates is that you can cherry-pick phrases to suit your own prejudices (normally, I'd accuse you of being illiterate, but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt). I didn't write a grocery list you can pick and choose from.

Instead of the above bull ****, explain how his actions were planned and executed in order to further a goal defined by his philosophy. You haven't demonstrated planning, coherent or otherwise, any sort of goal, and as you said yourself the interpretation of his philosophical leanings (i.e. that he was a Jihadist) is entirely circumstantial. If it's truly terrorism, you have to be able to explain that according to the Jihadist principles he was taught and embraced, he consciously formed a specific plan to commit violence in pursuit of a specific goal designed to further those same principles. "He talked to an imam and bought a gun and shot people" doesn't cut it.

It is impossible to know his exact goal, however, considering the numerous times that he has spoken out against the war, the blog he wrote sympathizing for those who commit suicide to further their cause just a few months before the attack, contacted a very extremist Imam, who not only is a recruit for Al Qaeda but was in contact with two of the 9/11 hijackers, and Tom, it wasn't just the 9/11 Hijackers, but he also was connected with terror plots in Toronto and Fort Dix according to government officials http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/anwar-awlaki...tory?id=9055322 . Not only did he correspond with this Imam 10-20 times, he was also in contact with Al Qaeda twice. Tom, you can't discount his contact with this Imam, this Imam wasn't connected with just the 9/11 terror attack, but two others. Now with Hasan, that makes it 4 different cases, and lets not forget that Anwar Awlaki praised him immediately afterwards, before Anwar Awlaki's name came into the spotlight, and then he disappears right afterwards.

Thats four cases Tom. Combine all that with a targeted attack on people that were set to be deployed to the middle east, and lets not forget that he was yelling "Aleu Akbar" while doing this.

The connection with Al Qaeda, Anwar Awlaki who has now been involved with 4 terrorist plots, with his recent blogs sympathizing for Suicide bombers is more than sufficient reason for concern. I am certain that this was a one man JIHADIST act.

He knew he was going to go out blazing, taking out as many military personel as he possibly could in the name of Islam.

Sorry, but there is no disputing it from my view, this was an act of terrorism.

Also one other thing, what could be his possible reasoning for contacting Al Qaeda and this radical Imam?

what is the likelyhood that it was just a coincidence that he contacted Al Qaeda, this radical Imam who was connected in three other terrorist plots and that he happened to be blogging about sympathizing for suicide bombers then of course ends up shooting 40 people that many of them were set to be deployed to go to the middle east?

I don't see this as being coincidental, I would put the odds of this being a coincidence at about .001%

I'd venture to guess that most suicide bombers wouldn't qualify for the above characterization.

Overheard today at the bastion of conservative thought., and here too.

Also one other thing, what could be his possible reasoning for contacting Al Qaeda and this radical Imam?

Tandori chicken recipe.

I'd venture to guess that most suicide bombers wouldn't qualify for the above characterization.

This is where someone says: "Psychotic? Troubled? Maybe. But does that make him a terrorist? Probably not. Not by the pure definition of a terrorist with no real idea of what his goal was."

Jesus. His !@#$ing goal was to kill American soldiers. Why the hell is ANYONE debating this?

Actually, I'd venture to guess they would. Most of them don't just wake up one morning, mix some fuel oil and fertilizer, and go blow something up. There's an entire support system behind them providing planning, direction, and encouragement.

Great, so we've now established that mass shooters may actually be nuts, and violence is random and unpredictable. I don't suppose NPR know who's buried in Grant's tomb, do they?

You sound like an OJ jurist. To rational thinking people there's no longer even a debate about it. Maybe you have some narrow definition of what terrorism is, but 93% of Americans disagree with you. Your narrow definition doesn't cut it.

So let's just call him a romantic but troubled soul - an artist as it were, suffering for his art.

Fast forward ten years to the middle of Obama's third term and Dr. Hasan's out of the McLean Hospital where he was sent to recover from the trauma of his trial where he successfully thwarted the government's fallacious case of murder with a defense of temporary insanity. "Judge, I'm just crazy about shooting up Americans!" and Americans wake up one morning and are surprised to learn that he's been awarded the Nobel prize for literature for his life story, penned during his weekend furloughs from McLean. A New York Times best seller, it quickly became the constant companion of Keith Olberman, Chris Matthews, Rachael Madow, Terry Gross and Sean Penn when it was published in the little-red-book format so popularized by Chairman Mao some eighty years ago.

President BO's press secretary, Katie Couric announced the President's intent to honor the good Doctor with a Medal of Freedom at the ceremonial signing of the historic Indian Reparations bill later this week. Senate Majority Leader Al Franken said in a hastily convened press conference on the steps of the Capitol that he would indeed introduce legislation no later than tomorrow that would give Dr. Hasan a lifetime exemption from federal income tax. "In my view, the man's suffered enough," he said. "This should bring down the curtain on a sad chapter in American history."

So let's just call him a romantic but troubled soul - an artist as it were, suffering for his art.

Fast forward ten years to the middle of Obama's third term and Dr. Hasan's out of the McLean Hospital where he was sent to recover from the trauma of his trial where he successfully thwarted the government's fallacious case of murder with a defense of temporary insanity. "Judge, I'm just crazy about shooting up Americans!" and Americans wake up one morning and are surprised to learn that he's been awarded the Nobel prize for literature for his life story, penned during his weekend furloughs from McLean. A New York Times best seller, it quickly became the constant companion of Keith Olberman, Chris Matthews, Rachael Madow, Terry Gross and Sean Penn when it was published in the little-red-book format so popularized by Chairman Mao some eighty years ago.

President BO's press secretary, Katie Couric announced the President's intent to honor the good Doctor with a Medal of Freedom at the ceremonial signing of the historic Indian Reparations bill later this week. Senate Majority Leader Al Franken said in a hastily convened press conference on the steps of the Capitol that he would indeed introduce legislation no later than tomorrow that would give Dr. Hasan a lifetime exemption from federal income tax. "In my view, the man's suffered enough," he said. "This should bring down the curtain on a sad chapter in American history."

:sick:

talking about Madcow, she's absolutely pathetic, over the last two nights, she hasn't discussed the Nasan and the information that is being released about him, but instead, she's targeting Republicans who she believe are trying to politicize this tragedy. :lol:

Actually, I'd venture to guess they would. Most of them don't just wake up one morning, mix some fuel oil and fertilizer, and go blow something up. There's an entire support system behind them providing planning, direction, and encouragement.

And this is where the debate is boiling down to. It appears that for some for this to fit the terrorist definition, he needs to act on instructions and be part of a larger organization. To me, Hasan's actions fit the definition, other than having overt instructions from the leadership, as I think that a single person planning and committing the act in sympathy or in a self-perceived act to help the cause is also terrorism.

The evidence that's being unearthed (some still conjecture) definitely points to an action that was premeditated.

Great, so we've now established that mass shooters may actually be nuts, and violence is random and unpredictable. I don't suppose NPR know who's buried in Grant's tomb, do they?

The actual radio part of the pieces I linked, shows a bit more color on the premeditation. Insane or not, this was not an act of somebody who just snapped one day.

And this is where the debate is boiling down to. It appears that for some for this to fit the terrorist definition, he needs to act on instructions and be part of a larger organization. To me, Hasan's actions fit the definition, other than having overt instructions from the leadership, as I think that a single person planning and committing the act in sympathy or in a self-perceived act to help the cause is also terrorism.

Exactly GG, I've stated this in this thread a few times, that I believe he was inspired by other extremists and that he was a one man Jihadist .

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/n...-islamist-ties/

Fort Hood shooting suspect Army Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan had been in contact with numerous Muslim extremists -- some of whom are under federal investigation -- before last week's rampage, two U.S. officials told The Washington Times on Wednesday.

Maj. Hasan made some of the contacts while visiting known jihadist chat rooms on the Internet, according to one of The Times' sources, a senior FBI official. He said that several people with whom Maj. Hasan was in contact had been the focus of investigations by the FBI-led Joint Terrorism Task Force.

The other source, a military intelligence official, said those in contact with Maj. Hasan are located both in the U.S. and overseas. The official said they are "broadly known and characterized as Islamic extremists if not necessarily al Qaeda."

Both officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the case, said some of the names of those with whom Maj. Hasan was in contact will likely be released soon.

and this next part is the point that I have made, but some refuse to acknowledge:

The military intelligence official said, "Those connections, except for Awlaki, could be explained innocently. But all of them together form a very concerning picture."

"I may run into contact with shady people through coincidence, through social events, etc.," he said. "But at some point you start saying like, 'Huh? Why are you coming in contact with all these charming people?'

Someone please explain to me how this is a coincidence, jesus, I've been saying this for days now, but it falls on deaf ears

A retired FBI agent said the case highlights an underlying problem vexing terrorism investigations.

"The further we get away from 9/11, the less on guard as a nation we become," said Ken Piernick, who worked as an acting chief in one of the FBI's counterterrorism sections.

Mr. Piernick said he suspects that investigators have become fatigued after years of chasing down countless tidbits of information and now may look at tips with less scrutiny.

Big C, does he count as a terrorism "expert"?

ABC News first reported Wednesday that Maj. Hasan had "more unexplained connections" to people being tracked by the FBI in addition to Mr. al-Awlaki.

Although the FBI has dismissed the e-mails between Maj. Hasan and Mr. al-Awlaki as "explainable," the imam has been under investigation by U.S. authorities for several years. He was identified shortly after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon as the "spiritual adviser" of two of the terrorist hijackers, Nawaf Alhamzi and Hani Hanjour.

Ok, I would love to hear the explanation of how these shady contacts were "explainable" as being "innocent".

But the military intelligence official who spoke to The Times remained skeptical.

"It's way too early" to be saying Maj. Hasan acted alone, the military intelligence official said, though he acknowledged that Maj. Hasan may just have been inspired by al Qaeda or other Muslim jihad groups without being under their operational control.

"There is definitely a need for a fresh look" at the intelligence breakdown, said the official, who described the case as "an intel debacle."

The official used an analogy with the Mafia to explain the singular importance of as many as 20 e-mails with Mr. al-Awlaki, a man of huge stature within jihadist circles.

"It's one thing to know people in the Mafia. It's something else again to be in regular correspondence with John Gotti," he said.

silly intelligence official, jumping to wild crazy conclusions :lol:

read something interesting today based on a story from The Daily Show.

You can rag on Matthews and MSNBC etc ...

anyone care to point out lies from Hannity and Fox, ??? To hype his "conservative" agenda SeeAnn used old photo's to bolster his program.

If you say "earlier" what would you think? Hours?, a day? week ? month?

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2009...ons-tonight/?hp

And this is where the debate is boiling down to. It appears that for some for this to fit the terrorist definition, he needs to act on instructions and be part of a larger organization.

More accurately, they have to perform an act that satisfies the goals of a larger organization with the premeditated intent of satisfying those goals...because honestly, the US media often acts in a manner that satisfies the goals of terrorists with their reporting, but not in any such manner that's premeditated intent of doing such.

read something interesting today based on a story from The Daily Show.

You can rag on Matthews and MSNBC etc ...

anyone care to point out lies from Hannity and Fox, ??? To hype his "conservative" agenda SeeAnn used old photo's to bolster his program.

If you say "earlier" what would you think? Hours?, a day? week ? month?

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2009...ons-tonight/?hp

Non story. Sean addressed it last night and apologized for the mix up. What news agency showed a protestor with a rifle outside of an Obama rally, but cropped his head and talked about "right wing, white supremicists", when the guy was actually black?

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/hasan-multip...ter_featureMore

United States Army Major Nidal Hasan proclaimed himself a "soldier of Allah" on private business cards he obtained over the Internet and kept in a box at his apartment near Fort Hood, Texas.

Major Nidal Hasan's private business card, which he obtained over the Internet and kept in a box at his apartment near Fort Hood, Texas.

(ABC News)Hasan, the alleged perpetrator of last week's fatal shootings in Fort Hood, TX, was charged Thursday with 13 counts of premeditated murder under Article 118 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, which can carry a sentence up to death or life imprisonment.

The cards make no mention of his military affiliation, but underneath his name he listed himself as SoA (SWT). SoA is commonly used on jihadist Web sites as the acronym for Soldier of Allah, according to investigators and experts who have studied such sites. SWT is commonly used by Muslims as an acronym for Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala, Glory to God.

"He was making no secret of allegiances," said former FBI agent Brad Garrett, an ABC News consultant.

go figure, a self described Soldier of Allah.

Hasan listed a Maryland area mobile phone number and an aol.com e-mail address.

U.S. officials and analysts told ABCNews.com today that Hasan used multiple e-mail addresses and screen names as he contacted several jihadist web sites around the world.

In addition to his contacts with suspected al Qaeda recruiter Anwar al Awlaki in Yemen, authorities said there is evidence he contacted other radical sites and individuals, including some in Europe.

On Hasan's official Army personnel record, obtained by ABCNews.com., Hasan lists his e-mail address using the first name of Abduwall, instead of Nidal. Abduwalli, in Arabic, means "slave of" the great protector, or God.

but hey, I guess this is a coincidence as well. :lol:

Big Cat, now go off and find me a link where another "expert" believes this has nothing to do with being a Jihadist.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/hasan-multip...ter_featureMore

United States Army Major Nidal Hasan proclaimed himself a "soldier of Allah" on private business cards he obtained over the Internet and kept in a box at his apartment near Fort Hood, Texas.

Major Nidal Hasan's private business card, which he obtained over the Internet and kept in a box at his apartment near Fort Hood, Texas.

(ABC News)Hasan, the alleged perpetrator of last week's fatal shootings in Fort Hood, TX, was charged Thursday with 13 counts of premeditated murder under Article 118 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, which can carry a sentence up to death or life imprisonment.

The cards make no mention of his military affiliation, but underneath his name he listed himself as SoA (SWT). SoA is commonly used on jihadist Web sites as the acronym for Soldier of Allah, according to investigators and experts who have studied such sites. SWT is commonly used by Muslims as an acronym for Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala, Glory to God.

"He was making no secret of allegiances," said former FBI agent Brad Garrett, an ABC News consultant.

go figure, a self described Soldier of Allah.

Hasan listed a Maryland area mobile phone number and an aol.com e-mail address.

U.S. officials and analysts told ABCNews.com today that Hasan used multiple e-mail addresses and screen names as he contacted several jihadist web sites around the world.

In addition to his contacts with suspected al Qaeda recruiter Anwar al Awlaki in Yemen, authorities said there is evidence he contacted other radical sites and individuals, including some in Europe.

On Hasan's official Army personnel record, obtained by ABCNews.com., Hasan lists his e-mail address using the first name of Abduwall, instead of Nidal. Abduwalli, in Arabic, means "slave of" the great protector, or God.

but hey, I guess this is a coincidence as well. :lol:

Big Cat, now go off and find me a link where another "expert" believes this has nothing to do with being a Jihadist.

:D

You sound like an OJ jurist. To rational thinking people there's no longer even a debate about it. Maybe you have some narrow definition of what terrorism is, but 93% of Americans disagree with you. Your narrow definition doesn't cut it.

If you don't agree with the majority, you are wrong....god bless America and long live lady liberty.............