Idiot super-liberal Matthews officially became certifiable

1billsfan

no, you're missing the point, he was emailing Al Qaeda and the extremist Islamic Imam to talk about how he could achieve in being a better muslim.

Word is coming out now that he was contacting Al Qaeda in hopes of scoring a decent recipe for Tandori Chicken. It turns out that the recipe was so awesome he went on a rampage, and while some people thought they heard him yell "Allahu akbar!" what he really yelled was "Katkoota akbar," which translates to "Chicken is great."

Happens all the time.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word is coming out now that he was contacting Al Qaeda in hopes of scoring a decent recipe for Tandori Chicken. It turns out that the recipe was so awesome he went on a rampage, and while some people thought they heard him yell "Allahu akbar!" what he really yelled was "Katkoota akbar," which translates to "Chicken is great."

Happens all the time.

:pirate:

Then please, demonstrate how this was a terrorist attack:

I want to know what his motivation was, how it's the same as other terrorist motivations, and how you know it.

I want to know what he expected the outcome to be, how it's the same as other terrorist outcomes, and how you know it.

I want to know how this was pre-meditated, how it's the same as other terrorist pre-meditations, and how you know it.

There's three simple questions that, based on the FACTS, you simply cannot answer to support your argument.

(please provide links)

Give it up. You're not going to win this argument.

I mean, you're right. You're just wasting your time trying to prove it.

Looks to me like ABC news is impling that it was a terror attack.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/anwar-awlaki...tory?id=9055322

Oh Erin, why are you linking ABC news? They aren't credible, they are in bed with FOX.

Who cares that there is this:

In addition to his contacts with Major Nidal Hasan, the radical American cleric, Anwar al Awlaki, served as an inspiration for men convicted in terror plots in Toronto and Fort Dix, New Jersey, according to government officials and court records reviewed by ABCNews.com.

or

Despite his ties to other plots, including the one against the Army post at Fort Dix, some 20 e-mails between Awlaki and Major Hasan were dismissed as "innocent" by a military investigator working on the FBI's Joint Terror Task Force in Washington, D.C.

sounds like a few naive people we have here in this thread

or how about this

Awlaki left the United States and moved to Yemen in 2002 after questions were raised about his ties to two of the 9/11 hijackers. He established an English-language web site that appears to have thousands of followers around the world. In a post this week on his blog, Awlaki praised Major Hasan as a "hero" and "a man of conscience." He asked, "How can there be any dispute about the virtue of what he has done?"

and nevermind this

American officials say Awlaki, has gone into hiding since his e-mail exchanges with the accused Fort Hood shooter became public. Phone calls to a relative's home in Yemen were not returned

that doesn't prove anything, and either does

"He is not just a proselytizer but someone who is operational, with deep and longstanding connections to al Qaeda and has been for some time," said a former senior American intelligence official who had access to classified information.

or

Awlaki was characterized in court testimony as an inspiration by two of six Muslim immigrants convicted on conspiracy and other charges in a plot to kill U.S. military personnel at Fort Dix.

The cleric, who says it is the duty of all Muslims to fight the United States was cited as a source of wisdom by the two men.

In Toronto, members of the so-called Toronto 18 watched videos of Awlaki at a makeshift training camp where they allegedly planned an attack on the Canadian parliament and prime minister.

"He's a big star attraction as a recruiter to young Americans and Canadians," said the former U.S. intelligence official.

and this must be just a coincidence

According to the 9/11 Commission Report Awlaki had ties to two of the hijackers, Nawaf al Hamzi and Khalid al Mihdhar, in San Diego and then later at a mosque in Falls Church, Virginia. A Congressional joint inquiry said the meetings "may have not been coincidental."

Around the same time, Nidal Hasan was also attending Awlaki's mosque in Falls Church.

A newspaper report in Roanoke said Awlaki presided over funeral services for Hasan's mother at the mosque.

silly circumstantial evidence, doesn't mean a darn thing :pirate:

If he is right then he should have no problem establishing the following bases for his rationale:

What are other terrorist motivations and how does he know it?

What are the expected terrorist outcomes of other terrorist outcomes?

How are other terrorist acts pre-meditated?

As long as we're judging Hasan based on the acts of "others," let him establish a proper baseline.

If he is right then he should have no problem establishing the following bases for his rationale:

As long as we're judging Hasan based on the acts of "others," let him establish a proper baseline.

I'll get back to you in a couple hours.

And how exactly is he right? This is all pretty damning evidence against all of his theories about this event, which in my view are little more than excuses at this point -

Oh Erin, why are you linking ABC news? They aren't credible, they are in bed with FOX.

Who cares that there is this:

In addition to his contacts with Major Nidal Hasan, the radical American cleric, Anwar al Awlaki, served as an inspiration for men convicted in terror plots in Toronto and Fort Dix, New Jersey, according to government officials and court records reviewed by ABCNews.com.

or

Despite his ties to other plots, including the one against the Army post at Fort Dix, some 20 e-mails between Awlaki and Major Hasan were dismissed as "innocent" by a military investigator working on the FBI's Joint Terror Task Force in Washington, D.C.

sounds like a few naive people we have here in this thread

or how about this

Awlaki left the United States and moved to Yemen in 2002 after questions were raised about his ties to two of the 9/11 hijackers. He established an English-language web site that appears to have thousands of followers around the world. In a post this week on his blog, Awlaki praised Major Hasan as a "hero" and "a man of conscience." He asked, "How can there be any dispute about the virtue of what he has done?"

and nevermind this

American officials say Awlaki, has gone into hiding since his e-mail exchanges with the accused Fort Hood shooter became public. Phone calls to a relative's home in Yemen were not returned

that doesn't prove anything, and either does

"He is not just a proselytizer but someone who is operational, with deep and longstanding connections to al Qaeda and has been for some time," said a former senior American intelligence official who had access to classified information.

or

Awlaki was characterized in court testimony as an inspiration by two of six Muslim immigrants convicted on conspiracy and other charges in a plot to kill U.S. military personnel at Fort Dix.

The cleric, who says it is the duty of all Muslims to fight the United States was cited as a source of wisdom by the two men.

In Toronto, members of the so-called Toronto 18 watched videos of Awlaki at a makeshift training camp where they allegedly planned an attack on the Canadian parliament and prime minister.

"He's a big star attraction as a recruiter to young Americans and Canadians," said the former U.S. intelligence official.

and this must be just a coincidence

According to the 9/11 Commission Report Awlaki had ties to two of the hijackers, Nawaf al Hamzi and Khalid al Mihdhar, in San Diego and then later at a mosque in Falls Church, Virginia. A Congressional joint inquiry said the meetings "may have not been coincidental."

Around the same time, Nidal Hasan was also attending Awlaki's mosque in Falls Church.

A newspaper report in Roanoke said Awlaki presided over funeral services for Hasan's mother at the mosque.

silly circumstantial evidence, doesn't mean a darn thing :pirate:

Can't wait to come back in a couple of hours and see how a few people attempt to disprove this evidence and still try to convince others, and first and foremost themselves, that this isn't to be considered an act of terror. It's funny that even the mainstream American media (i.e. ABC) is beginning to "sort out all of the facts", days after others around the world, like the London Telegraph for example, easily uncovered this material. Point being: The evidence that Hasan was a man with a lengthy history of Jihad beliefs and activity is becoming too overbearing to ignore. Even for the mainstream media, who would've liked nothing more than to ignore all of this for as long as possible. A couple around here need to cut the bullsh*t dancing around the facts and follow suit.

And how exactly is he right? This is all pretty damning evidence against all of his theories about this event, which in my view are little more than excuses at this point -

Can't wait to come back in a couple of hours and see how a few people attempt to disprove this evidence and still try to convince others, and first and foremost themselves, that this isn't to be considered an act of terror. It's funny that even the mainstream American media (i.e. ABC) is beginning to "sort out all of the facts", days after others around the world, like the London Telegraph for example, easily uncovered this material. Point being: The evidence that Hasan was a man with a lengthy history of Jihad beliefs and activity is becoming too overbearing to ignore. Even for the mainstream media, who would've liked nothing more than to ignore all of this for as long as possible. A couple around here need to cut the bullsh*t dancing around the facts and follow suit.

!@#$'em

ridiculing some of them is a lot more fun :pirate:

Saying that any of these "connections" are evidence that this was a terrorist plot is like saying because I buy weed in Chicago, I'm then responsible for or have in some ways perpetrated gang violence. If you don't understand the correlation (or in this class, lack thereof) then you need to stop calling me stupid.

EDIT: haha, what kills me is how well you can substitute Bill Ayers into all your arguments, and we're right back where we left off 12 and a half months ago.

Saying that any of these "connections" are evidence that this was a terrorist plot is like saying because I buy weed in Chicago, I'm then responsible for or have in some ways perpetrated gang violence. If you don't understand the correlation (or in this class, lack thereof) then you need to stop calling me stupid.

Buying weed in Chicago? Wait...what are you talking about?

it's called overwhelming circumstantial evidence, ya big dummy

Argh, does it matter that the definition of "terrorism" in the minds of my opponents here in this debate are so miopic, I shouldn't give them the benefit of terrorism's vastly unspecified nature?

Because, in order to answer your question in the spirit of the debate, I can only compare his actions to al-Qaeda's terrorism.

EDIT: haha, what kills me is how well you can substitute Bill Ayers into all your arguments, and we're right back where we left off 12 and a half months ago.

Sort of reminds me of people who compare this to George Tiller.

ya see how that works? :pirate:

True, that.

But the flip side of that is that there IS an actual definition of "terrorism" (which sure as hell isn't "he's a raghead, and he talked this one guy a couple of times...", and none of the peanut gallery claiming this was an act of terrorism has yet made any sort of case that Hasan's actions fit that definition.

Nor will they, since all their evidence amounts to "he's a raghead, and he talked to this one guy a couple of times."