Peter King's top UFAs

silvermike

Yeah, well, also it's Peter King. If there isn't a single UFA lineman better than Brian St. Pierre next year, I'd be shocked. Note: I think it's more likely than we get Brian St. Pierre.

Please tell me we have learned our lesson with a QBs origins. After three Cali Qbs in the last few years I doubt we go get some french dude.

If last season is any indication, the Bills will be on the sidelines of FA, making more low budget signings which ultimately won't make much difference. Hangartner, Fitzpatrick, and McKinney are like 2006 FA all over again: low cost low reward types. Their best signing was Drayon Florence, who's acquitted himself quite well in starting for McKelvin. Least surprising is that DJ can't figure out how to use TO.

I'm really interested to see how the small teams address free agency 2010 if there is not labor agreement in place, which I don't think there will be. Because I can see the Bills crying small market as RW collects his millions from 2009.

can we please put Kampman ideas to rest? We already have 3 Aaron Kampman's on the roster. PLUS he is old and slow. I just watched the entire GB vs TB game this weekend and Kampman is Schobel. He may even be less than schobel. I was less than impressed with a once good player. The dude needs to retire.

Well, Schobel's damn good, so if Kampmann is Schobel, let's pick him up. Schobel is the difference between about 30th in sacks last year and eighth this year.

Yeah, well, also it's Peter King. If there isn't a single UFA lineman better than Brian St. Pierre next year, I'd be shocked. Note: I think it's more likely than we get Brian St. Pierre.

Please tell me we have learned our lesson with a QBs origins. After three Cali Qbs in the last few years I doubt we go get some french dude.

Okay, even if St. Pierre is actually from Massachusetts, that one made me laugh.

can we please put Kampman ideas to rest? We already have 3 Aaron Kampman's on the roster. PLUS he is old and slow. I just watched the entire GB vs TB game this weekend and Kampman is Schobel. He may even be less than schobel. I was less than impressed with a once good player. The dude needs to retire.

I'm no defensive genius .. or any kind of genius, for that matter .. but I thought when GB played MIN, the commentators mentioned how GB's Def. Coordinator switched Kampman's role and limited his ability to rush the QB.

I'm no defensive genius .. or any kind of genius, for that matter .. but I thought when GB played MIN, the commentators mentioned how GB's Def. Coordinator switched Kampman's role and limited his ability to rush the QB.

They did say that. He's playing out of position in the 3-4.

......... We don't want to overpay for mid level talent and most guys just don't want to play on a bad Buffalo team even if the price is right..........

The Bills may not want to but they have.....D O C K E R Y...

He was average, but way over-paid. The Bills aren't likely to do this again any time soon though.

Kyle Williams IS Justin Bannan.

I found this part of King's column far more interesting:

Translation of his translation: at least Lerner's looking. Are we? Don't bet on it.

At this point, I would settle for a rumor that Mr Wilson is thinking of hiring someone along the lines of the guys that are mentioned in connection with the Browns. I'd even throw Charlie Casserly into the mix...at this point, I fear, rumors all i have to get excited about... :thumbsup:

Never going to happen. The guy I would love to have on that list and is possible to come here is Chad Pennington. Chad is a veteran QB who can play smart and give you a chance to win almost every game. Yeah he is limited and not the long term awnser but if you draft a QB high Chad is a guy who can be a smart teacher and give the guy a chance to learn while Chad takes the ball.

Big time free agents are never going to come to the Bills as long as they are bad. We don't want to overpay for mid level talent and most guys just don't want to play on a bad Buffalo team even if the price is right.

I also think the Bills have an outside shot at Derrick Johnson if they are going to land a somewhat big name. He fills a need and won't come at the biggest price (He will cost a decent price but not a crazy bidding war) so if a new regime comes in and they want a guy to make an impact that's a guy I could see targeting. He would be a smart pick up and help out this D so much.

I would also like to see this team go after some veteran backups. This team (Other then the secondary) is pretty thin. I know its hard to spend on depth but if you can't land the big names land some guys that can make this team deeper and more prone to finishing strong.

Agreed about Pennington. I looked at that list and said if we could get #1 and #10 it would be the best offseason ever. Other possibilities are Seymour, Merriman. Draft a LT, QB, LB and switch to a 3-4. Would be so simple if Ralph would just spend some money. UGH!!!

With the 3 nose tackles out there, it might be a good year to switch to a 3-4 defense with a coaching change. I think we have some guys here who can switch positions and Maybin will never be anything at DE.

Exactly right. Well said. DJ will be fired. We go to 3-4 adn sign one of the NT's. Absolutely. Why a north pole team would play a 4 - 3 is beyond me, other than personnel. is ted washington still available? :lol:

At this point, I would settle for a rumor that Mr Wilson is thinking of hiring someone along the lines of the guys that are mentioned in connection with the Browns. I'd even throw Charlie Casserly into the mix...at this point, I fear, rumors all i have to get excited about... :lol:

Same boat, pardner. (Of course, that sentiment brought us the Donahoe Era. Make of that what you will.)

BTW, about your "dilemma" ... buy the Sabres tix. Like someone else noted on that thread, cheap (or free) Bills seats are likely to shake loose by then -- in fact, I ended up eating my pair for the Houston game when Mom called that morning and said their extra club seat was available.