OT-Yanks/Sox Stuff

Thailog80

Pedro is still a good pitcher with a few solid years left. But THeo is too smart of a GM to dump a 3 to 4 year guarantee contract into him. Pedro best days are behind him. He will always be a Red Sox at heart. As soon as George boy gets out of the decision making for the Yanks they will be a bettter team. Cashman is a great GM. LEt him make the decisions. I love what the Sox are doing.. trying to make them a strong contender for years to come.

He wasn't there when The Boss hired Boomer the last time either.  I believe that contract was written on a cocktail napkin. 

You either love him or hate him, but The Boss ALWAYS gets what he wants.  If he wants Petey, he'll get him.  As a Yankee fan, I hate Pedro...and I don't mean "hate" like a fan hates a player from another team, I mean true hate.  I hated Rocket, too.  Doesn't matter, though, if it will end our 5 year championship drought.  Welcome the Bronx, Pedro.  You don't know it yet, but you're already a Yankee.

121033[/snapback]

Since we are talking baseball...

I see the Expos/Senators/Nationals signed Vinny Castilla and Christian Guzman and the Phillies signed Corey Lidle.

Also, the Mets declined Al Leiter's option. Maybe for Sosa????

Also, Gammons said the Braves are trying to deal Giles & Meyer for one of Oakland's big three.

I really hope that George signs Pedro, so I can hear all you Yankee fans who have been bashing him, call him the greatest player ever....the irony will be so delicious....

121012[/snapback]

Here's what's funny:

Red Sox fans (including the dopes at ESPN), if Pedro signs with the Red Sox: Great move by the Red Sox. Outbid the Evil Empire. Red Sox are the front-runners in the AL East and to win the World Series in 2005.

Same people if Pedro signs with the Yankees: Great move by the Red Sox. Made an early offer to Pedro and duped Steinbrenner and the Yankees into overpaying for an aging pitcher.

It will be interesting to see what convenient spin Red Sox Nation will be forced to put on the Pedro situation.

Here's what's funny:

Red Sox fans (including the dopes at ESPN), if Pedro signs with the Red Sox: Great move by the Red Sox. Outbid the Evil Empire. Red Sox are the front-runners in the AL East and to win the World Series in 2005.

Same people if Pedro signs with the Yankees: Great move by the Red Sox. Made an early offer to Pedro and duped Steinbrenner and the Yankees into overpaying for an aging pitcher.

It will be interesting to see what convenient spin Red Sox Nation will be forced to put on the Pedro situation.

121411[/snapback]

:doh::w00t: How true that is.....

Give me a break!!

The current GM has done a great job in talent /value assessment of players. I think if anybody give PEdro a 4 year deal they are crazy. Goodluck the Yanks payroll is already bloated with dead money. I am confident in the Sox mgmnt.. If I was a Yanks fan I would be very concerned!

Here's what's funny:

121411[/snapback]

I thought they were going down to meet with Pavano?

Either way I'd like to see the Braves name get mentioned there but it'll never happen b/c they got too much money tied up in that dominate ace Mike Hampton.

122277[/snapback]

Ouch.

They are flying to meet pedro and sitting down with pavano tomorrow with schilling. Schilling Pedro and Pavano top 3 pitching for red sox next year. I like the sound of that!!

122310[/snapback]

Its certainly interesting isn't it?

interesting that the spankis want someone who cant win in yankee stadium...

all joking aside, as much as i hate the yanks, Cashman is a hell of a GM, and the team will turn around when georgie stops meddling around...you have the execs to do that work, let them...georgie doesnt know that he's been the downfall of his own team...

And seeing I brought up the bonus. Everyone knows it's illegal to have a team laden contract in MLB right? But yet Curt is getting an extra 3 million for winning the WS b/c it's in his contract....somehow MLB missed this when reviewing the contract but approved it. Then when they realized it was not legal it was already binding so there was nothing they could do....I smell something rotten.

They are flying to meet pedro and sitting down with pavano tomorrow with schilling. Schilling Pedro and Pavano top 3 pitching for red sox next year. I like the sound of that!!

122310[/snapback]

You sound about as excited as I was with the prospect of a Mussina/Brown/Vasquez rotation at this time last year :)

Good God was I wrong about that :w00t:

You sound about as excited as I was with the prospect of a Mussina/Brown/Vasquez rotation at this time last year :)

Good God was I wrong about that :w00t:

122418[/snapback]

I certinately wasnt excited about that rotation as a Yankees fan.

PLEASE dont $ign Pedro George...I beg you

thats what i said about the rocket, but i am happy as hell we got him. of course pedro is no clemons!

I hope hes just driving his interest or price up....I dont want him.  There are a select few players Id NEVER EVER want to see Yankees, and he is at the top of the list.

120708[/snapback]