OT-Yanks/Sox Stuff

Thailog80

I hope hes just driving his interest or price up....I dont want him.  There are a select few players Id NEVER EVER want to see Yankees, and he is at the top of the list.

120708[/snapback]

I have to admit it's very interesting.

I hope hes just driving his interest or price up....I dont want him.  There are a select few players Id NEVER EVER want to see Yankees, and he is at the top of the list.

120708[/snapback]

That won't work with Theo. Pedro has his offer.

That Ill agree with.  its hardly ever boring in the Bronx during the winter with George around thats for sure.

120712[/snapback]

I still think Leiber needs to be back....Brown should be shot out of a cannon into the East river.

Before everyone hyperventilates about this report, I just want to point out that Yankees GM Brian Cashman wasn't at this meeting. Just sayin'

121018[/snapback]

He wasn't there when The Boss hired Boomer the last time either. I believe that contract was written on a cocktail napkin.

You either love him or hate him, but The Boss ALWAYS gets what he wants. If he wants Petey, he'll get him. As a Yankee fan, I hate Pedro...and I don't mean "hate" like a fan hates a player from another team, I mean true hate. I hated Rocket, too. Doesn't matter, though, if it will end our 5 year championship drought. Welcome the Bronx, Pedro. You don't know it yet, but you're already a Yankee.

I really hope that George signs Pedro, so I can hear all you Yankee fans who have been bashing him, call him the greatest player ever....the irony will be so delicious....

121012[/snapback]

I wont do it, would I root for him? Yes....but I wont give him a key to the city.

I really hope that George signs Pedro, so I can hear all you Yankee fans who have been bashing him, call him the greatest player ever....the irony will be so delicious....

:unsure::):P:doh:

:D:):P:D

---- :):P ----

As a bleeding yankees fan since the danny tardabull era, I WOULD NOT accept pedro martinez as a yankee. You want to destroy a fan base? Sign pedro.

Is he a good pitcher? Yes. Very good in fact. But he will get no accolades from me as a yankee. He will never be a "New York Yankee". This isnt roger clemens part II. Clemens had class and respect. Clemens was a likeable guy, who people could rally behind. Pedro is a self rightous punk, who needs to be put in his place. I would rather have drew bledsoe pitching for the yanks than pedro...and these days, thats saying alot.

Everyone visits everyone its not like its something for anyone to get worked up about. Pavano asked for a meeting with Theo and Schilling for thursday and Radke is visiting this week does that mean anything no. Its FA.

121093[/snapback]

Very true, but the difference here is that George is not Theo (for better or worse). I'm not willing to jump the gun saying the Yanks and Pedro are a done deal, but when George takes time to privately discuss things with a player it's a bit more than your typical FA stop. You know?

how can you back any of that up???? Cause he threw don zimmer down? please, the old man was asking for it. Pedro is a great ball player who loves to have fun out there and there is no reason why yanks fans shouldnt accept him.

As a bleeding yankees fan since the danny tardabull era, I WOULD NOT accept pedro martinez as a yankee.  You want to destroy a fan base?  Sign pedro. 

Is he a good pitcher?  Yes.  Very good in fact.  But he will get no accolades from me as a yankee.  He will never be a "New York Yankee".  This isnt roger clemens part II.  Clemens had class and respect.  Clemens was a likeable guy, who people could rally behind.  Pedro is a self rightous punk, who needs to be put in his place.  I would rather have drew bledsoe pitching for the yanks than pedro...and these days, thats saying alot.

121131[/snapback]