Far right Tea baggers crying in their beer

What does me reading it have to do with my congressmen reading it?

I hate this bill, it sucks my balls. Hard. But after 80+ years of trying to get comprehensive health care reform passed, right about now we're all ready to take anything we can get. We'll even pretend to be happy about this piece of **** bill.

You're an idiot. That's not news - but it just needs to be reiterated every time you post something idiotic. Which is virtually every time you put pressure on a keyboard.

As I've said at least 100 times to Boards: "If you don't have the savvy, money, or political capital to do it right the first time, how are you going to get the savvy, money, and political capital to fix it when it inevitably fails?"

At this point in American history, there is NO more room for expensive failure. We've used up every one of those chances and then some. The deficit is so unconscionably large that it's virtually incomprehensible. But even that isn't enough for you partisan tards to hold these jackasses accountable. No. You just have to have SOMETHING passed and pretend that it's progress. Your Hotpockets are done. Enjoy your the shitastic meal you're willing to eat at 5 star restaurant pricing.

I realize most Republicans are illiterate, but you should try not to make such false assumptions about the Dems.

I love these "intelligence" attacks. In my experience, I find democrats to be the most uneducated and uninformed group of people. I'm not sure why they think they're so smart...perhaps because they studied english or philosophy in college, but they're always the loudest of the bunch and gravitate towards stupid things like veganism or avoiding vaccines despite proclaiming absolute faith in science...

and no, I'm not a republican...that's also an embarassing tag

speaking of intelligence, I have two Harvard Ph.D. friends, one Microbiology Ph.D. and one Physics Ph.D., that were once seemingly hardcore liberals that have become libertarian since this administration took over. there must be a good explanation for this...maybe they're racists!

You're an idiot. That's not news - but it just needs to be reiterated every time you post something idiotic. Which is virtually every time you put pressure on a keyboard.

As I've said at least 100 times to Boards: "If you don't have the savvy, money, or political capital to do it right the first time, how are you going to get the savvy, money, and political capital to fix it when it inevitably fails?"

At this point in American history, there is NO more room for expensive failure. We've used up every one of those chances and then some. The deficit is so unconscionably large that it's virtually incomprehensible. But even that isn't enough for you partisan tards to hold these jackasses accountable. No. You just have to have SOMETHING passed and pretend that it's progress. Your Hotpockets are done. Enjoy the shitastic meal you're willing to eat at 5 star restaurant pricing.

Well put AD. Our money is spent, but the cargo cultists demand more.

What does me reading it have to do with my congressmen reading it?

I hate this bill, it sucks my balls. Hard. But after 80+ years of trying to get comprehensive health care reform passed, right about now we're all ready to take anything we can get. We'll even pretend to be happy about this piece of **** bill.

so, what you're saying is that you support it because your congressman does? :pirate: How about learning to think for yourself, educate yourself on this matter if it is important to you, study it, and if you like it, write your congressman and tell him to support it, if you read it and don't believe it will help bring down premiums, write your congressman and tell him that this Bill sucks balls and not to support it. I've read up about all the bills that were being introduced and this one ad nauseam, and I can tell you this with 99.9% certainty, NONE OF THE BILLS THAT ARE BEING INTRODUCED WILL ALTER THE COST CURVE POSITIVELY. I can also assure you that TAXES WILL BE MOVING HIGHER. I can also tell you that THE DEFICIT WILL INCREASE.

But you'd rather just believe what your leaders tell you, without doing your own due diligence to see if it makes sense, which unfortunately that is what 99% of the public does. They'd rather just believe some charismatic politician who has successfuly diagnosed the problem, that is obvious to all of us, and tells everyone "Hey, trust me, we can take care of you".

In regards to your 80 year statement, have you ever stopped to think that there is a reason why the American public has rejected it for 80 years?

At this point in American history, there is NO more room for expensive failure. We've used up every one of those chances and then some. The deficit is so unconscionably large that it's virtually incomprehensible. But even that isn't enough for you partisan tards to hold these jackasses accountable.

This is the most perplexing part of this entire debate. Forget for a moment my conservative bias. You don't need to be a conservative to be both scared and stunned by people who look at our debt, look at our deficit, look at our economy and say "You know what we need right now? A trillion-dollar government program!" And then our intelligence is insulted when the rationale for doing this is "because we can never reduce our deficit if we don't get health care costs under control."

Part of the problem is that people like myself are part of the problem. We sit back for years after picking a party and rooting for our team to win without paying too close attention to what is going on. Suddenly we start reading more, and asking more, and digging more, and with our eyes wide open we simply don't like what we see, even from our own party. So now we're awake, and our input has no credibility.

Me - "You have GOT to stop spending!"

Them - "I didn't hear you complaining when Bush was spending billions on the Iraq War."

Me - "You have got to stop allowing government intrusion into the lives of the individual."

Them - "I didn't hear you complaining when Bush was pushing the Patriot Act."

Me - "You have got to stop with the bailouts."

Them - "I didn't hear you complaining when Bush approved TARP."

Me - "Well, enough is enough. I admit I was asleep at the wheel in the past, but I'm awake now and I'm going to start fighting to get our freedom back because I don't want my son getting out of college to pay off a debt of a reckless government from 20 years earlier."

Them - "Oh, so you're a teabagger astroturf brownshirt neanderthal."

It's maddening, but I'm still going to fight. I'm fighting locally, I'm fighting nationally, and I'm not going to fall asleep again. I just hope those of us who are awake and are suddenly in the fight aren't too late, because if anything resembling Pelosi's bill gets passed, we're in deep, deep schit. And I will readily admit that I'm partially to blame for that.

This is the most perplexing part of this entire debate. Forget for a moment my conservative bias. You don't need to be a conservative to be both scared and stunned by people who look at our debt, look at our deficit, look at our economy and say "You know what we need right now? A trillion-dollar government program!" And then our intelligence is insulted when the rationale for doing this is "because we can never reduce our deficit if we don't get health care costs under control."

Part of the problem is that people like myself are part of the problem. We sit back for years after picking a party and rooting for our team to win without paying too close attention to what is going on. Suddenly we start reading more, and asking more, and digging more, and with our eyes wide open we simply don't like what we see, even from our own party. So now we're awake, and our input has no credibility.

Them - "I didn't hear you complaining when Bush was spending billions on the Iraq War."

Me - "You have got to stop allowing government intrusion into the lives of the individual."

Me - "Well, enough is enough. I admit I was asleep at the wheel in the past, but I'm awake now and I'm going to start fighting to get our freedom back because I don't want my son getting out of college to pay off a debt of a reckless government from 20 years earlier."

It's maddening, but I'm still going to fight. I'm fighting locally, I'm fighting nationally, and I'm not going to fall asleep again. I just hope those of us who are awake and are suddenly in the fight aren't too late, because if anything resembling Pelosi's bill gets passed, we're in deep, deep schit. And I will readily admit that I'm partially to blame for that.

Welcome to the party, pal. :pirate:

I think some of us woke up during the campaign in '08 and many more since January. Obama and company have in less than a year become a very divisive bunch and are enacting the most expensive and partisan agenda in history at a breathtaking rate of speed. Not only do we need to keep our eye on the federal ball, but most of us have similar issues at the state level. Illinois is a wreck beyond what the national media reports. Sitting governor wants a 50% state income tax rate increase. One of his fellow Dem 2010 challengers wants instead to raise taxes on the upper earners only at a 100% increase. We have a flat income tax rate in Illinois which is "not fair" in his eyes.

Republicans had an early party debate among Governor candidates over the weekend. All talked about cuts in spending. One candidate however, was much more aggressive stating that budgets for all state agencies need to be rolled back to zero with new budgets based upon need and justification. Our federal government needs to do that. Badly. Department of Energy comes to mind. Something like $30 Billion a year for the purpose of finding alternative energy sources. 30 years in the making. Failing.

Obama appointed Jeffrey Zients his "Chief Performance Officer" charged with the task of making sure every tax dollar is spent wisely. Haven't heard a peep about this guy since. Apparently he has yet to find any waste.

I think this needs to be said...

The whole "you didn't read it" nonsense needs to stop.

No one here has read it. They have read several important excerpts, but no one here has taken the time to actually attempt to comprehend such rough legislation. It's not an easy read. And I don't mean, its not an easy read because the Harvard educated liberals who penned it are beyond us, I just mean that bills getting by the House tend to be framed with a bit of nonsensical meandering, and leave little up to implications.

I stand by the claim that if Conner didn't read it, I don't think any less of him. I'm against the bill and I've haven't read 1% of the 1,990 pages. I stand against the ideals of it. I'm going to leave it up to the judgment of others who have no life/are getting paid to break this thing down for the mean time. Once a little more of the pork gets taken out, and the Bill becomes a more readable length, I'll take a gander at expert analysis, but right now, it is perfectly fine to have not read any of it.

I think this needs to be said...

The whole "you didn't read it" nonsense needs to stop.

No one here has read it. They have read several important excerpts, but no one here has taken the time to actually attempt to comprehend such rough legislation. It's not an easy read. And I don't mean, its not an easy read because the Harvard educated liberals who penned it are beyond us, I just mean that bills getting by the House tend to be framed with a bit of nonsensical meandering, and leave little up to implications.

I stand by the claim that if Conner didn't read it, I don't think any less of him. I'm against the bill and I've haven't read 1% of the 1,990 pages. I stand against the ideals of it. I'm going to leave it up to the judgment of others who have no life/are getting paid to break this thing down for the mean time. Once a little more of the pork gets taken out, and the Bill becomes a more readable length, I'll take a gander at expert analysis, but right now, it is perfectly fine to have not read any of it.

You're missing the whole point, the point is to have read SOMETHING regarding the bill. What is "nonsense" is to just blindly support it because BO and Congress says its a good bill. I don't believe anyone here is claiming that they have read the whole bill.

I have read more regarding this bill than most, and I consider myself up to speed when it comes to this bill. If you are going to voice an opinion about the bill and you have no freaking clue whats in it, then YES, you are open to criticism.

I've given detailed breakdowns of it, in regards to cost, taxes and how it will affect premiums, on countless threads, so yes, I've read a good bit of the "meat" when it comes to these matters that I just mentioned.

Welcome to the party, pal. :worthy:

In retrospect, I think the more appropriate line would be "Who's driving that car? Stevie Wonder?"

I think some of us woke up during the campaign in '08 and many more since January. Obama and company have in less than a year become a very divisive bunch and are enacting the most expensive and partisan agenda in history at a breathtaking rate of speed. Not only do we need to keep our eye on the federal ball, but most of us have similar issues at the state level.

Of particular interest to me is that most of the people finally paying attention show no signs of stopping their efforts (unlike the young and black voters who helped get Obama into office), and in fact have really found a way to accelerate the effort to some measured successes, such as calling out Scazzafava (even at their own temporary peril) or striking down a number of California tax increases that were on the ballots this year.

Something else I've found fascinating is that liberals making fun of you, much like you see in this thread, is proof positive that you're fighting a good fight. Something Darin (or someone) indirectly alluded to earlier is that many of us now taking up the fight have no problem admitting the hypocrisy of our previous inactions. This is really important. Once you respond with "You know, you're right. I wasn't paying attention. The right is messed up, too, but I'm changing my ways and no party is safe," they're left with calling you a teabagger, and once that is their tactic, it's game over because they have nothing left. Plus, I've been called worse by more relevant people.

Most importantly, and this is why the liberals are so flustered right now, the critics of the protesters are simply dead wrong in their criticisms, and I think that's a huge mistake on their behalf. You heard this from some of the Blue Dogs coming out of their town hall meetings. These aren't just a bunch of disgruntled, white Republicans. These aren't a bunch of people on the payrolls of special interest groups. And no matter how many times the cameras take pictures of the LaRouche posters, the real protesters aren't running around with photos of Obama as Hitler. The left can go ahead and PAINT that picture, but it's an ill-conceived plan at best because it does nothing to further the conversation...it only serves to disrupt it, and these people are too smart and too pissed to fall for that Olbermann-like idiocy.

We're not deterred by this because we now know the truth.

The good news is that "We the people..." are no longer just words in a document that's been getting gangraped by politicians.

It's one thing when you have Bishop calling you a "teabagger," and it's another to have people like Madcow and Olbermann call you "teabaggers," but you know you've got people's attention when Former President Clinton does it.

Stay classy, Bill.

How unbelievably ironic is it that the president, who was impeached when he lied about his getting sucked and jerked off by a former WH intern, is now using a slang term in public which describes a sex act involving what a guy does with his nuts...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teabagging