Question

Magox

Once this bill gets approved by the house, then the Senate has to vote on their bill.

Assuming the Senate gets a bill approved, but vastly different than the one that the house approved, what then happens?

Do they make changes together and then vote on it again in both the Senate and HOuse? Or does leadership from Senate and House make changes and compromise then send it to the president to sign?

Once this bill gets approved by the house, then the Senate has to vote on their bill.

Assuming the Senate gets a bill approved, but vastly different than the one that the house approved, what then happens?

Do they make changes together and then vote on it again in both the Senate and HOuse? Or does leadership from Senate and House make changes and compromise then send it to the president to sign?

A Joint Committee hammers out a compromise between the two bills, which is then sent to the POTUS for his Signature.

Nothing gets done and we can rejoice. I was talking to my father yesterday about this. He'll be 81 this month and I said he's been on Medicare for a long time what does he think about this bill. He said he couldn't answer that because he has no idea (like the rest of us) what's actually in it. By the way, he'd a democrat.

He said that because the two parties just play politics and B word just because the other party came up with the plan nothing gets done. I said that's a great thing seeing the government typically !@#$s things up he said they find a way to !@#$ things up anyway. BTW between you and me, he may disagree but my dad's not really a democrat. <_<