Old Asian woman passes her written road test on 950th try

justnzane

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8347164.stm

Woman passes 950th driving test

Cha Sa-soon holds her successful test

Cha Sa-soon says she needs a licence for a vegetable-selling business

A South Korean woman is celebrating after passing the written exam for a driving licence - on her 950th attempt.

After four years of trying, 68-year-old Cha Sa-soon finally managed to secure the 60 out of 100 points needed to pass the test.

The grandmother has spent more than 5m won ($4,200, £2,600) on application fees for the test.

Now Mrs Cha, who lives in Jeonju, 130 miles (210km) south of Seoul, must pass the practical test to get on the road.

'Don't give up'

According to the Korean Driver's Licence Agency, the 50-minute written test consists of 50 multiple-choice questions on road regulations and car maintenance.

Mrs Cha had been trying to pass it since 13 April 2005, the Korea Times reported.

She wanted a licence so that she could use a vehicle to sell vegetables and other goods, the newspaper said.

And her determination to pass the test has made her well-known at the Jeonju centre.

"She is really famous here. Not only agency employees but even some test-takers know her. Her challenging spirit is really amazing," one official was quoted as saying.

Speaking in February - after her 775th failure - Mrs Cha had appeared undaunted.

"I believe you can achieve your goal if you persistently pursue it," she told Reuters news agency.

"So don't give up your dream, like me. Be strong and do your best."

Hopefully she won't be crashing into the hostess store on transit in west seneca anytime soon. MAybe we could have her drive thru Kim Jong Il's palace :wallbash:

And you know she's going to be driving a white van in the fast lane at 55 mph. <_<

BTW have you ever noticed that anytime you get stuck behind someone it's usually a white van. Check it out, you'll be amazed.

that is because on the side it is painted "free candy" and there are 40 kids locked in the back of it :beer:

Then when you pull around you see meazza driving :doh:

After driving in Korea, I question why they even bother to have a process because NO ONE follows any discernible law other than "My car is bigger than yours, so I'm going first". It's so bad that there really isn't any reason to paint lines on the roads.

Only Thailand and the Philippines are worse.

And you know she's going to be driving a white van in the fast lane at 55 mph. <_<

BTW have you ever noticed that anytime you get stuck behind someone it's usually a white van. Check it out, you'll be amazed.

I notice old ladies/men in a Cadillac. Usually all you can see of the ladies is knuckles on the steering wheel and all you can see from the men is a hat.

In Oz, you look for the (lawn) bowls hat in the rear window as to who you're stuck behind.

You aren't advocating speeding are you? You mean where the limit is 65 right?

You aren't advocating speeding are you? You mean where the limit is 65 right?

I'm advocating that if you are not going with the flow of traffic (even if it is above the limit) you stay to the right. People driving below the speed of traffic are more if a hazard than people that drive with the flow. I love driving the Autobahn or Autoroute in Europe because of this. They get it.

I'm advocating that if you are not going with the flow of traffic (even if it is above the limit) you stay to the right. People driving below the speed of traffic are more if a hazard than people that drive with the flow. I love driving the Autobahn or Autoroute in Europe because of this. They get it.

Then frankly you are wrong according to any law on the books.

Edit - Hey RKfast check this attitude out.

Edited by Booster4324

Then frankly you are wrong according to any law on the books.

Hey RKfast

Nice set up which I knew you were doing but I admit I break the law on the roads. I don't say they only pertain to me during certain hours of the day.

And by the way the slow drivers are wrong according to laws on the books in CA.

You can also be sited for going too slow and preventing the flow of traffic.

At least I know the rules.

Nice set up which I knew you were doing but I admit I break the law on the roads. I don't say they only pertain to me during certain hours of the day.

And by the way the slow drivers are wrong according to laws on the books in CA.

At least I know the rules.

Left out the full quote...

In general, the maximum speed limit is 65 mph on most of the highways in California. For two –lane undivided highways, and for any vehicle that is towing a trailer, the speed limit is 55 mph. You can also be sited for going too slow and preventing the flow of traffic.

I did to emphasize my point. I already admitted that I break the law by speeding but slow drivers impeding the flow of traffic are just as wrong as I am.

Actually, I agree. If everyone else is speeding they do present a hazard. Sorta common sense really. Like say bikers should probably ignore stop signs at 6 AM when there is no traffic.

If at first you don't succeed ... try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, and try again.