Sign some Free Agents to help with the rest of season

Chuckknox

Why?....Really....Why?....Make a run?? Are you kidding? My feeling is get rid of everyone that you don't feel will be of use in the future. Trade or do whatever you can for draft picks now and for the next couple of years. After this fiasco of a year ends get some real front office people and a real coach and make the next few years hopeful.

There are a few players that could help - this year. It would take a few weeks for them, but they may be able to contribute this year.

It would show that the Front Office is still trying - this year.

Put the Crack Pipe down. It's 9 weeks into the year, don't you think other teams would be gobbling up ALL THESE PLAYERS if they were worth a ****. Good Lord man, get a clue. The Bills could cut their whole team and maybe 5 or 6 players would be looked at by other teams. There is no one out there to help this train wreck. Just deal with it like all of us have for a decade now.

There are a few players that could help - this year. It would take a few weeks for them, but they may be able to contribute this year.

It would show that the Front Office is still trying - this year.

stick to coaching, chuck. again, the only thing that will save us is you coming back to lead us.

Put the Crack Pipe down. It's 9 weeks into the year, don't you think other teams would be gobbling up ALL THESE PLAYERS if they were worth a ****. Good Lord man, get a clue. The Bills could cut their whole team and maybe 5 or 6 players would be looked at by other teams. There is no one out there to help this train wreck. Just deal with it like all of us have for a decade now.

Well Broncos just signed Ty Law this week. Now I don't think he will be much help.

I actally just posted this from my blackberry. My first time with bb.

Put the beer down and stop starting mindless threads. Name a freakin player available that no one has signed 9 weeks into the regular season.

Really man? There are A LOT of names out there that could come in and help this team, now or in the future. Bernard Pollard, Leonard Pope, Chris Chambers and Justin Miller are just a few of the decent players that were available all season, and just got picked up. I would go as far as saying that Bernard Pollard is even having an actual impact on the Texans' defense. He sure did against us.

I like all 4 of those signings and would have taken any of them, and all of them, on this team...

Here are a bunch more players that could help us now, or down the road... (in bold are my welcomed additions)

QB - Jeff Garcia, Patrick Ramsey, D.J. Shockley, John David Booty, Drew Willy

RB - Lorenzo Booker, Warrick Dunn, J.J. Arrington, Deshaun Foster, Chris Henry, Rudi Johnson, Marlon Lucky, Deuce McCallister, Chris Perry, Michael Pittman, Dominic Rhodes, Ryan Torain, Darius Walker, Selvin Young

FB - Lorenzo Neal

WR - Joey Galloway, Marvin Harrison, Darrell Jackson, Matt Jones, Joe Jurevicious, Justin McCareins, Jerry Porter, Amani Toomer, Reggie Williams

TE - Bubba Franks, Ben Troupe

OL - Jon Runyan, Elton Brown, Dan Buenning, Jason Fabini, Kwame Harris, Jonas Jennings, Pete Kendall, Matt Lehr, Chris Naeole, Edwin Mulitalo, Terrance Metcalf, Charles Spencer, Ben Wilkerson

DL - Baraka Atkins, Kevin Carter, Kalimba Edwards, Ebenezer Ekuban, Erasmus James, Jason Jefferson, Ed Johnson, William Joseph, Travis Laboy, Antwan Lake, Jonathan Lewis, Jerome McDougal, Jay, Moore, Dewayne Robertson, Shaun Smith, John Thornton, Darwin Walker, Anthony Weaver, Rodrique Wright, James Wyche

LB - Boss Bailey, Daryl Blackstock, Derrick Brooks, Donnie Edwards, Alfred Fincher, Napolean Harris, Willie McGinest, Dontarrious Thomas, Pat Thomas, Zach Thomas, Nate Webster, Leon Williams

DB - Michael Boulware, Fahkir Brown, Ricardo Colclough, Jason Craft, Mike Doss, Jamar Fletcher, Aaron Gleen, Mike Green, Clinton Hart, Terrence Holt, David Irons, Von Hutchins, Dexter Jackson, Brian Kelly, Sammy Knight, Anwar Phillips, Sam Madison, Ricky Manning Jr, Chris McCallister, Mike McKenzie, R.W. McQuarters, Nate Salley, Dwight Smith, Patrick Surtain, Jimmy Williams, Tank Williams, Stanley Wilson

The guys I would want the most, would be for the future and they are...

QB - Drew Willy is the hometown hero who led UB to the bowl game. (John David Booty maybe?)

RB - Ryan Torain and Marlon Lucky are BEASTS. (paired with Chris Henry's speed would make a great 1-2 punch)

TE - Ben Troupe can block and catch.

OL - Elton Brown, Dan Buenning and Charles Spencer were all relatively high draft picks and have potential. With the right coaching could turn them into something decent, definitely career backups. Ben Wilkerson would be a good Center against the 3-4 defenses Buffalo plays. He has the strength, but he also needs some coaching.

DL - Baraka Atkins, Jerome McDougal and James Wyche can all rush the passer.

LB - Boss Bailey, Daryl Blackstock, Dontarrious Thomas and Leon Williams all have tremendous speed and can drop into coverage. Derrick Brooks, Willie McGinest and Zach Thomas would all be great veteran leaders for this young defense.

DB - Ricky Manning Jr would strenghthen this secondary. I would like to see what Jimmy Williams could do with some coaching and a change in atmosphere. He showed A LOT of promise coming out of Virginia Tech.

*You cannot tell me that NONE of these guys would help this team now, or in the long run.

* It also looks like we were looking to make a move with a LB (Chris Draft?), and he would have certainly helped our defense (I like Draft). He looked pretty good playing with the Pats against us.

NFL | Several teams were interested in Banta-Cain Tue, 20 Oct 2009 13:55:13 -0700

Aaron Wilson, of the National Football Post, reports the Cleveland Browns, Buffalo Bills, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Tennessee Titans showed interest in LB Tully Banta-Cain before he re-signed with the New England Patriots.

* Looks like we already have Patrick Ramsey hidden on the roster somewhere...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Ramsey

Denver just found Ty Law . Even if he is not a need position for us, I bet he will contribute starting this week, to them.

There are a few older guys out there that have a few games in them.

But, I don't think we should do it in any event.