Nasty women's soccer player at New Mexico

Beerball

Somebody needs to kick her ass

This will probably give the sport the popularity boost it's been looking for!

It was pretty ridiculous. There's a lot of small stuff that goes on between players in soccer games, and it's not uncommon for a player to go off and do something more aggressive, but the way she kept at it? She could have been booted 6 different times, and that's just based on what they've been showing on the clips.

Her comments:

"I let my emotions get the best of me in a heated situation. I take full responsibility for my actions and accept any punishment felt necessary. This is in no way indicative of my character or the soccer player that I am. I am sorry to my coaches and teammates for any and all damages I have brought upon them. I am especially sorry to BYU and the BYU women's soccer players that were personally affected by my actions. I have the utmost respect for the BYU women's soccer program and its players."

Horseschit, kid.

Hear me out. It's one thing to toss empty comments out here as a drunk on an internet board. I understand that; God knows I've done it myself here. That having been said, I'm a father of two daughters who have gone through (collectively) 8 years of high school soccer - and I'm proud to say one of them actually started in Varsity on a state-ranked team. As a parent, if you're watching that crap, you want to !@#$ing kill that assholic B word in the parking lot. Remember that as you toss comments out, okay? If that's YOUR kid getting yanked down by the hair, you're going to want to punch that little c#$t in the mouth. And I'm sorry to use that word, but there is NO place for that crap. I hope she loses ANY scholarship she may have had, and ends up serving tacos with a useless degree in podiatric nail management.

Hear me out. It's one thing to toss empty comments out here as a drunk on an internet board. I understand that; God knows I've done it myself here. That having been said, I'm a father of two daughters who have gone through (collectively) 8 years of high school soccer - and I'm proud to say one of them actually started in Varsity on a state-ranked team. As a parent, if you're watching that crap, you want to !@#$ing kill that assholic B word in the parking lot. Remember that as you toss comments out, okay? If that's YOUR kid getting yanked down by the hair, you're going to want to punch that little c#$t in the mouth. And I'm sorry to use that word, but there is NO place for that crap. I hope she loses ANY scholarship she may have had, and ends up serving tacos with a useless degree in podiatric nail management.

In High School, yeah. But come on, these are college kids. They can stand up for themselves, and while what she did was stupid, the other team didn't do a whole hell of a lot to put an end to it.

I played soccer in high school and one kid was trying to injure players on our team. So what did I do? Broke his leg. Not on purpose, but I was trying to teach him a lesson with a hard tackle from behind. I got my point across.

In High School, yeah. But come on, these are college kids. They can stand up for themselves, and while what she did was stupid, the other team didn't do a whole hell of a lot to put an end to it.

I played soccer in high school and one kid was trying to injure players on our team. So what did I do? Broke his leg. Not on purpose, but I was trying to teach him a lesson with a hard tackle from behind. I got my point across.

It's my communicative skills that fail me at moments like this. Your point is valid, but it misses MY point.

Are you a parent? Do you have children getting the schit kicked out of them at sporting events?

The officiating failed miserably here. She needed to be redcarded a couple times over. This has happened with the guys as well over the years (except maybe the hairpulling) and they catch **** for it. Soccer is not a wimp's sport by any means, and more incidents like this will help reinforce this in american culture.

What exactly is a tackle in soccer? I go to my niece's games and they talk about tackles, and I don't know what they're talking about.