Bird 1: Multibillion dollar particle collider 0

/dev/null

It's not impossible. I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home, they're not much bigger than two meters.

It starts with womprats. Its just 2 or 3 you say. Next thing you know, you're being denied COBRA benefits for choking a female co-worker.

• 2 weeks later...

Experiments back underway

Scientists at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) have established circulating particle beams in both directions in the underground Large Hadron Collider, a step that is already beyond where the experiment stalled during a first attempt in September 2008

If things continue to progress at this speed, scientists may be able to accelerate particles at the highest energy level ever tested before Christmas, although high-energy collisions that may shed light on the secrets of the universe would only happen in the new year

Scientists at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) have established circulating particle beams in both directions in the underground Large Hadron Collider, a step that is already beyond where the experiment stalled during a first attempt in September 2008

If things continue to progress at this speed, scientists may be able to accelerate particles at the highest energy level ever tested before Christmas, although high-energy collisions that may shed light on the secrets of the universe would only happen in the new year

Yeah, but the scientists from the future, who already know the secrets of the universe, can travel back in time to the present to tell us all about it now, right? What the hell are they waiting for?

oh yeah B word, now it's on

Scientists have smashed together proton beams for the first time in a 27-kilometre tunnel under the French-Swiss border in an initial step toward discovering how the universe came into existence

The LHC operating at its full might should recreate conditions like those just one billionth of a second after the primeval explosion.

The scientists now plan to increase the beam intensity and accelerate the beams further so they can gather enough collision data by Christmas to help set up experiments.

oh yeah B word, now it's on

The scientists now plan to increase the beam intensity and accelerate the beams further so they can gather enough collision data by Christmas to help set up experiments.

That's just great. They'll open a black hole and tear apart the fabric of space/time and we won't even get to have a merry christmas.

Can't they wait at least til after Bowl Season?

That's just great. They'll open a black hole and tear apart the fabric of space/time and we won't even get to have a merry christmas.

Can't they wait at least til after Bowl Season?

Yeah but there is a 10 to one hundred power chance in the new alliterative universe Norwood will SMOKE that Field goal-go for it. I don't care if I am a chunk of slate.

Yeah but there is a 10 to one hundred power chance in the new alliterative universe Norwood will SMOKE that Field goal-go for it. I don't care if I am a chunk of slate.

True, but what if in the alternate universe you are a chunk of slate at the stadium Miami built for the 7th AFL Franchise owned by Ralph Wilson?

Latest update...

New World Record...

They have upped the beam energy to 1.18 trillion electron volts at 2344 GMT on Sunday. Before that, the beams had been operating at 450 billion electron volts to verify that everything was working properly.

The LHC now stands as king of the particle accelerator world, deposing the former best, the Tevatron. Located within the U.S. near Batvia, Illinois, the Tevatron was capable of operation at 0.98 trillion electron volts since 2001.