Bird 1: Multibillion dollar particle collider 0

/dev/null

bad luck? perhaps not

“It must be our prediction that all Higgs producing machines shall have bad luck,” Dr. Nielsen said in an e-mail message. In an unpublished essay, Dr. Nielson said of the theory, “Well, one could even almost say that we have a model for God.” It is their guess, he went on, “that He rather hates Higgs particles, and attempts to avoid them.”

We've identified a vulnerability in the super collider. A single small bird will need to fly along this trench fighting off cannon fire. Then drop a piece of baguette on this tiny hole. This will make the super collider overheat and destroy it. May the force be with you.

This confirms what I've suspected for a long time: The toaster oven is the apex of human achievement. It's been downhill ever since. This particle doodad discombobulator is nothing but a multi-billion dollar toaster oven.

I had one die with an arcing flourish last month.The GFCI popped (I have more of those in my abode than Carter's fabled Little Liver Pills - historical reference to a saying long dead). Two, possibly three years has settled in as the useful life.

And I have a peeve... :cry:

It is the stylists, on my replacement, that decreed that black control panels with white lettering is "so-this-week".

Bunk. They are more difficult to interpret.

I also purchased a new microwave - same thing. Little white characters on a black background are inferior to little black characters on a white background.

I dislike stylists. If you viewed a picture of me, and my hair, you would see the verity of my statement.

I dislike stylists. If you viewed a picture of me, and my hair, you would see the verity of my statement.

Oh my man, you gots to have a hot stylist! Don'tchoo know? First you get the fab -do. Then you get the respect. Then you get the cash. Then you get a top of the line toaster oven. Then you get the girlies!

It is the stylists, on my replacement, that decreed that black control panels with white lettering is "so-this-week".

Bunk. They are more difficult to interpret.

I also purchased a new microwave - same thing. Little white characters on a black background are inferior to little black characters on a white background.

perhaps it is time

Oh my man, you gots to have a hot stylist! Don'tchoo know? First you get the fab -do. Then you get the respect. Then you get the cash. Then you get a top of the line toaster oven. Then you get the girlies!

Stylists? Girlies? Moi? :cry:

Here's a view of my current countenance, if you add in a bit of Moms Mabley, Marty Feldman, and Quasimoto... WHAT hump?!!? :cry:

And "Good night, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are..." :angry:

Edited by stuckincincy

We've identified a vulnerability in the super collider. A single small bird will need to fly along this trench fighting off cannon fire. Then drop a piece of baguette on this tiny hole. This will make the super collider overheat and destroy it. May the force be with you.

Yeah but then they'll just build another one out in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of teddy bears

2)This thing cost HOW much

According to this article it cost $6B. And I'm sure after it was built it has run up a hefty electric bill

http://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2008...ense-lhc?page=1

and you leave parts of it exposed? How much could it possibly cost to cover the thing?

Yeah but the approach will not be easy. You are required to maneuver straight down this trench and skim the surface to this point. The target area is only two meters wide. It's a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port. The shaft leads directly to the reactor system. A precise hit will start a chain reaction which should destroy the station.

Only a precise hit will set up a chain reaction. The shaft is ray-shielded, so you'll have to use proton torpedoes.

According to this article it cost $6B. And I'm sure after it was built it has run up a hefty electric bill

http://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2008...ense-lhc?page=1

Yeah but the approach will not be easy. You are required to maneuver straight down this trench and skim the surface to this point. The target area is only two meters wide. It's a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port. The shaft leads directly to the reactor system. A precise hit will start a chain reaction which should destroy the station.

Only a precise hit will set up a chain reaction. The shaft is ray-shielded, so you'll have to use proton torpedoes.

It's not impossible. I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home, they're not much bigger than two meters.