Gunmen loose at Fort Hood

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm, where did I say that? I'm just pointing out that a military base crawling with guns and gun experts couldn't stop the killing of seven people. It appears owning a gun doesn't make you safer. In this case that is an undeniable fact. The argument has been made that owning a gun makes a person safer.

You cannot carry personal firearms onto the base and the weapons issued for deployment and/or the range are kept locked and accounted for at the armory ... no one outside of security carries a firearm on the base....even if you have a concealed weapons permit.

NYDN: ABC reporting that Hasan tried to contact Al-Qaeda: Intelligence services had been watching Hasan for months

The hammer drops.

You cannot carry personal firearms onto the base and the weapons issued for deployment and/or the range are kept locked and accounted for at the armory ... no one outside of security carries a firearm on the base....even if you have a concealed weapons permit.

Thanks for playing, Steely. Your consolation prize is a FAIL stamp set.

Well that proves that having a gun makes you safer!!! :thumbsup:
NYDN: ABC reporting that Hasan tried to contact Al-Qaeda: Intelligence services had been watching Hasan for months

The hammer drops.

Thanks for playing, Steely. Your consolation prize is a FAIL stamp set.

And a six shooter that one of the slain soldiers "owned".

He can use it to pistol whip a female coworker.

Stick around...

No surprise. The recent increased deaths in Afganistan, the Pakistan insurgence, the recent bombings in Iraq.

Your Saviour Obama is being tested, and they have clearly learned that he is afraid and won't defend our citizenry, same as Clinton.

Show your bias much? This guy has 9-11 links. He should have been detained and questioned YEARS ago if the accusations are true.

So yeah go ahead and blame Obama. :lol::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Show your bias much? This guy has 9-11 links. He should have been detained and questioned YEARS ago if the accusations are true.

So yeah go ahead and blame Obama. :lol::wallbash::pirate:

Well, BO should just grab his mop and go blame it on Bush as he's so happy to proffer in public.

I think the ACLU would have something to say about detaining him and questioning him YEARS ago. I seem to recall a lot of Muslim backlash against the perception of "anti-Muslim backlash" following 9/11.

Why, just now our New Homeland Security Secretary is warning us against an anti-Muslim backlash.

Maybe we need an anti-Muslim backlash Czar, or perhaps we should just call her the HomeMaker Lack of Security Secretary.

Well, BO should just grab his mop and go blame it on Bush as he's so happy to proffer in public.

I think the ACLU would have something to say about detaining him and questioning him YEARS ago. I seem to recall a lot of Muslim backlash against the perception of "anti-Muslim backlash" following 9/11.

Why, just now our New Homeland Security Secretary is warning us against an anti-Muslim backlash.

Maybe we need an anti-Muslim backlash Czar, or perhaps we should just call her the HomeMaker Lack of Security Secretary.

There's nothing wrong with the ACLU standing up for Constitutional Rights. I don't blame any group for making sure the government doesn't over step in the name of "Freedom".

There's nothing wrong with the ACLU standing up for Constitutional Rights. I don't blame any group for making sure the government doesn't over step in the name of "Freedom".

Frankly, I don't either. I just wish they'd be a little more even handed in their approach.

Nobody wants to see the little guy get "railroaded", but this (the way things are going now vis-a-vis healthcare, etc., etc., etc.)is more like the entire country getting their Constitutional Rights hosed. People who cheer the ACLU usually boo the NRA and vice-versa. People who were unbridled in their enthusiasm for warrant-less wiretaps under Bush failed to foresee what harm could happen if a tyrant ascended to power. But I digress. What I was saying was if Bush's cadre went after Dr. Shoot-'em-up years ago acting on information they had on him, and in order to stop something like this from happening, all hell would have broken out in the media and Congress. Now, when the perp's done his evil deed people are looking to blame Bush for not acting.

Frankly, I don't either. I just wish they'd be a little more even handed in their approach.

Nobody wants to see the little guy get "railroaded", but this (the way things are going now vis-a-vis healthcare, etc., etc., etc.)is more like the entire country getting their Constitutional Rights hosed. People who cheer the ACLU usually boo the NRA and vice-versa. People who were unbridled in their enthusiasm for warrant-less wiretaps under Bush failed to foresee what harm could happen if a tyrant ascended to power. But I digress. What I was saying was if Bush's cadre went after Dr. Shoot-'em-up years ago acting on information they had on him, and in order to stop something like this from happening, all hell would have broken out in the media and Congress. Now, when the perp's done his evil deed people are looking to blame Bush for not acting.

It's rare for people to face their own hypocrisy. Both Democrats and Republicans have been putting their own interests ahead of the Constitution/Country for a very long time. As long as people are willing to waste their votes on each, the road to ruin will continue to be paved.

Clearly Ft. Hood is George Bush's fault.

You maroons crack me up.

(stuckincincy @ Nov 5 2009, 05:16 PM)

Stick around...

No surprise. The recent increased deaths in Afganistan, the Pakistan insurgence, the recent bombings in Iraq.

Your Saviour Obama is being tested, and they have clearly learned that he is afraid and won't defend our citizenry, same as Clinton.

The post accused Obama of failing America every day in every way thrown in with a slam on Clinton.

It also referred to him as "Your Savior" (not Savoiur - freaking Canadians think you know everything)

and when I mentioned some basic facts you twist it as if I made the first dumb ass comment.

So yeah go ahead and blame Obama. :lol::lol::pirate:

Which I'm sure is exactly what you said when absolving Bush of any responsibility for the 9-11 attacks which were years in the making. :doh: