Missing baby found 5 days later tucked under bed

Beerball

link

A baby missing for five days was found alive and well under her baby sitter's bed, and Florida authorities said Thursday they plan to charge the sitter, her husband and the child's mother.

Court records show that Elizabeth Baker was charged in South Carolina with assault and battery with intent to kill and assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature in 1987. After being convicted, she was sentenced to 10 years in prison. The sentence was suspended to 80 days.

:thumbsup:

She (Baker) was extradited to South Carolina from Chipley in 2000, and charged in the disappearance of 3-year-old Paul Leonard Baker, who has been missing since March 1987. Baker wasn't indicted by a grand jury in the case. The child was never found, according to the Beaufort County, S.C., sheriff's office. Police reports don't indicate the child's possible relation.

Yeah, she'd be the first person I would ask to baby sit.

I'd be taking a serious look at the parents as well. The baby is 5 months old and weighs 11 pounds? Isn't that kind of small? They went to bed at 3am, found her missing around 9am and didn't report it until 11am? The news reports seem sketchy to me.

http://www.newsherald.com/news/sheriff-78828-baby-box.html

According to a news release from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, investigators learned that on the night of Oct. 30, Baker and Mercer agreed to allow Baker to take permanent custody of the baby. The two arranged to meet at 1:30 a.m. on Oct. 31 at Mercer's residence for Mercer to give the child to Baker. Mercer later reported the child missing at 11:23 a.m.