Animals . . . .

Peter

I see no connection between these two events. Killing an unarmed man who is not a threat and has surrendered is wrong. Is it "as wrong as" killing innocent people, beheading, strapping on suicide bombs and all that insanity? Of course not.

Where does that get you though? I don't think there is a national debate over whether or not we are different than terrorists. Of course we are. We are doing what we can to stop terrorists. We should also police our forces and no doubt we will. Until all the facts are out regarding that incident, it is premature to reach a judgment on just what happened.

There is no need however to wait in judging what these "insurgents" did. Barbarity, pure and simple.

Killing an unarmed man who is not a threat and has surrendered is wrong.

Until all the facts are out regarding that incident, it is premature to reach a judgment on just what happened.

There is no need however to wait in judging what these "insurgents" did.  Barbarity, pure and simple.

120568[/snapback]

Best post of the thread. Tell you what, though - if I'm in combat, and I know the enemy has been faking dead, or "surrendering", then attacking, there's a very high probability I'm shooting everything in sight and breaking any nearby freaking cameras. Unless I felt there was no chance they get the drop on me. I wouldn't feel good about it, but I'm being honest - I'd do it.

Best post of the thread. Tell you what, though - if I'm in combat, and I know the enemy has been faking dead, or "surrendering", then attacking, there's a very high probability I'm shooting everything in sight and breaking any nearby freaking cameras. Unless I felt there was no chance they get the drop on me. I wouldn't feel good about it, but I'm being honest - I'd do it.

120595[/snapback]

You'd have a much better chance of rotating out.