Just got home from Bruce Springsteen concert

BLZFAN4LIFE

website.

Bought the wife tickets to Bruce a month 1/2 ago for our anniversary. She's a very big Bruce Springsteen fan. I know all of his popular songs from the radio and would consider myself a casual fan. I've got to say that I was extremely impressed with the high energy, high effort, and high quality performance that Bruce and the E-Street band put on. It was 3 solid hours of great Rock-n-Roll. It's obvious that Bruce takes nothing for granted and pours 100% into his performance. As a veteran concert goer, I have no problem proclaiming that this is one of the best shows that I've ever attended.

BS & The E Street Band will be in Buffalo on Nov.22. If you have even a casual interest in his music, I suggest you pick up some tickets. :devil:

website.

BS & The E Street Band will be in Buffalo on Nov.22. If you have even a casual interest in his music, I suggest you pick up some tickets. :devil:

Very much looking forward to the HSBC show. Wife and I got great seats in the 200's. Last show of the tour should be special. Buffalo's own Willie Nile rumored to be joining the band onstage at some point during the show as he did on the first night of Bruce's 5 night stand at Giants Stadium.

Here's the set list from last night's show:

November 3, 2009

Charlotte, NC

Time Warner Cable Arena

Seeds

Darlington County

Hungry Heart

Working On A Dream

Thunder Road

Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out

Night

Backstreets

Born To Run

She's The One

Meeting Across The River

Jungleland

Waiting On A Sunny Day

I Fought The Law - Cover by Bobby Fuller

Sherry Darling

So Young And In Love

Brown Eyed Girl - Cover by Van Morrison

Lonesome Day

The Rising

Badlands

Hard Times - Cover by Stephen C Foster 1854

Bobby Jean

American Land

Dancing In The Dark

Rosalita

Higher & Higher - Cover by Jackie Wilson

Again, I can't say enough about how impressed I was with BS & The ESB. The man is a consummate professional and completely unpretentious.

He began his encore by speaking about how difficult the economy is around the country right now with record high unemployment and home foreclosures before breaking into a song from 1854 called " Hard Times Come Again No More". I found that to be both classy and inspirational.

Let us pause in life's pleasures and count its many tears,

While we all sup sorrow with the poor;

There's a song that will linger forever in our ears;

Oh Hard times come again no more.

Chorus:

Tis the song, the sigh of the weary,

Hard Times, hard times, come again no more

Many days you have lingered around my cabin door;

Oh hard times come again no more.

While we seek mirth and beauty and music light and gay,

There are frail forms fainting at the door;

Though their voices are silent, their pleading looks will say

(Chorus)

There's a pale drooping maiden who toils her life away,

With a worn heart whose better days are o'er:

Though her voice would be merry, 'tis sighing all the day,

(Chorus)

Tis a sigh that is wafted across the troubled wave,

Tis a wail that is heard upon the shore

Tis a dirge that is murmured around the lowly grave

(Chorus)

I've seen him several times stretching over some 30+ years and I've never been disappointed. I last saw him in Dallas a couple years ago and even though the crowd wasn't 'hard core' like the east coasters, folks got into it and the band simply rocked. Never anything less than the best they have to give.

i saw him several years ago at the carrier dome, i am by no means a springsteen fan, but figured it was one of those 'bucket list' things.....could not envision sitting through 3+ hours of someone that I really wasnt a fan of....heck, i would find it difficult to sit through 3 hours of Genesis.....he was amazing and the time flew by....still not really a fan, but I am glad I went and experienced it....definitely worth seeing at least once in your life

He has been highlighting albums at different cities. In Charlotte he played every song from the Born To Run album. He seems to be doing a good job of mixing up the set list from city to city.

website.

Bought the wife tickets to Bruce a month 1/2 ago for our anniversary. She's a very big Bruce Springsteen fan. I know all of his popular songs from the radio and would consider myself a casual fan. I've got to say that I was extremely impressed with the high energy, high effort, and high quality performance that Bruce and the E-Street band put on. It was 3 solid hours of great Rock-n-Roll. It's obvious that Bruce takes nothing for granted and pours 100% into his performance. As a veteran concert goer, I have no problem proclaiming that this is one of the best shows that I've ever attended.

I *hope* he didn't spout any personal political opinions or personal crusades. It's so wrong, for entertainers to do so.

I *hope* he didn't spout any personal political opinions or personal crusades. It's so wrong, for entertainers to do so.

Don't want to get this thread bounced to PPP, but Bruce is pretty much my wife's favorite singer from the time she was a teenager. She was very put off by his support of Obama and was leery that he would speak on political issues in concert. Other than touching on how badly some people have been affected by the recession, he didn't say anything political. He did have a campaign going to support local food banks. Through the media ahead of time people were asked to bring canned goods or cash donations and they were accepted at the entrances. You got a "end hunger" wristband if you donated.

Don't want to get this thread bounced to PPP, but Bruce is pretty much my wife's favorite singer from the time she was a teenager. She was very put off by his support of Obama and was leery that he would speak on political issues in concert. Other than touching on how badly some people have been affected by the recession, he didn't say anything political. He did have a campaign going to support local food banks. Through the media ahead of time people were asked to bring canned goods or cash donations and they were accepted at the entrances. You got a "end hunger" wristband if you donated.

Fair enough. :devil:

Very much looking forward to the HSBC show. Wife and I got great seats in the 200's. Last show of the tour should be special. Buffalo's own Willie Nile rumored to be joining the band onstage at some point during the show as he did on the first night of Bruce's 5 night stand at Giants Stadium.

I like that Willy Nile dude.I am not much of a music aficionado, but XM did an hr special a few months back on artists from Buffalo, and they played a couple of his songs. I really like them and bought a album plus a few singles.

I like that Willy Nile dude.I am not much of a music aficionado, but XM did an hr special a few months back on artists from Buffalo, and they played a couple of his songs. I really like them and bought a album plus a few singles.

Very cool. I have been a fan of Willie's since his first album in 1980. He has never achieved the popularity his music deserved but to say he is critically acclaimed is an understatement. Springsteen, Bono, Lou Reed, Little Steven, Lucinda Williams and many others all sing his praises. Also he is one of those musicians who is still immensely popular in Europe.

is a video from September where he played in front of 40,000 in Lisbon. Yet he plays at small clubs here in the US. The music business ain't always fair.

Yeah, that's the only problem with Bruce's concerts. The political garbage. He does preach about the economy as he charges $80 a ticket to get in. LOL. Seriously Bruce, just shut up and sing. We all love your show. I could care less what you think about politics.

Here's the set list from last night's show:

Waiting On A Sunny Day

Piss break. <_<

He's doing the Born To Run album in Baltimore in a couple weeks, probably the last time I'll see him if this is the end of the E-Street Band.

Probably because there's not much to say right now, at least anything positive.

website.

BS & The E Street Band will be in Buffalo on Nov.22. If you have even a casual interest in his music, I suggest you pick up some tickets. :thumbsup:

If you like Bruce check out this new band out of New Jersey called the Gas Light Anthem (They are actually fans of Bruce and reference his songs a lot and they even get compared to Bruce a lot) My dad a 52 year old Bruce fan likes them.

But yeah I am not really into Bruce but even at age 60 he brings it when he plays live.