Anyone got tonight's Syracuse hoops score?

Lori

There's something about Joseph that just screams "Soft" to me - I still don't trust him to log big minutes in conference play.

I am liking Triche at the point. He seems less turnover prone than Scoop and if he can knock down an occasional 3, that's all we really need.

That is a pretty good win though. Cornell isn't half bad.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's something about Joseph that just screams "Soft" to me - I still don't trust him to log big minutes in conference play.

I am liking Triche at the point. He seems less turnover prone than Scoop and if he can knock down an occasional 3, that's all we really need.

Agreed on Joseph; but I've been encouraged from what I've seen so far. I think he had 5 steals yesterday. If he bulks up a little more, he could be a monster by his senior year.

Completely agree on both bolded points. Joseph seems to play his best when all of the pressure is off, and the game already in hand (see Cal, Cornell). Granted, he did hit a big 3 against UNC, but I'm still not sold.

It is interesting to note that he's 2nd on the team in minutes/game.

• 3 weeks later...
Boeheim really had the guys ready to play tonight. They don't miss the much-maligned Devendorf and Harris at all, do they?

Cuse is in trouble. Maybe they could sneak through the PAC 10 with that roster, but the Big East is brutal every single night. The fact that it was an exhibition game is little comfort to anybody, they lost to a D-II school. Bottom line. Don't forget, it's an exhibition game for Le Moyne too...They weren't just playing six guys...

Shouldn't be long

Bump #2 lolz

I didn't think they played particularly well tonight, Florida made a million NBA 3's, and yet it's a 12 pt road win. Unreal.

My only question now would be, is there a "2nd best player on a championship team" on the roster? I'm not really sure about that, but the team has mucho balance.

gotta love the "Hindsight is 20/20" posts....

SU played pretty poorly - didn't shoot FTs well, sloppy turnovers, poor decision-making, only 3 3-pters, and 2/5 of the starting lineup kind of no-showed. Thankfully, Florida isn't very good.

Florida isn't very good? What is this based on? They beat the number 2 team on the road and had beaten everybody else handidly until tonight. They will do just fine this year in a very tough conference. As for Syracuse, they are for real. This team is going to only get better.

Florida isn't very good? What is this based on? They beat the number 2 team on the road and had beaten everybody else handidly until tonight. They will do just fine this year in a very tough conference. As for Syracuse, they are for real. This team is going to only get better.

Yeah, they beat MSU - nice win for Florida. Donovan is a good coach, but I wasn't impressed with their talent level.

SU has traditionally played well against major conference opponents prior to conference play (probably in large part due to the 2-3). The BE is a grind (once again, the best conference in CBB) - teams like Seton Hall, Cincinnati and even St. John's look to be much improved this year. Hopefully, Syracuse can avoid their late Jan/early Feb swoon that has plagued them in recent years.

Yeah, they beat MSU - nice win for Florida. Donovan is a good coach, but I wasn't impressed with their talent level.

SU has traditionally played well against major conference opponents prior to conference play (probably in large part due to the 2-3). The BE is a grind (once again, the best conference in CBB) - teams like Seton Hall, Cincinnati and even St. John's look to be much improved this year. Hopefully, Syracuse can avoid their late Jan/early Feb swoon that has plagued them in recent years.

Florida is definately a tournament team this year. Nice solid win last night that will definately boost the resume come selection sunday. I have watched an unusual amount of college basketball(at least for me) for this time of year & one thing I could say is Cuse is one of the top 3 teams in the big east. West Virginia is very good & Uconn/Villanova also look tough but Pitt is down, Louisville is down & although teams like SH/Cincy/Johnies are improved, they are still not in Syracuse's class. This is going to be a fun year.

Florida is definately a tournament team this year. Nice solid win last night that will definately boost the resume come selection sunday. I have watched an unusual amount of college basketball(at least for me) for this time of year & one thing I could say is Cuse is one of the top 3 teams in the big east. West Virginia is very good & Uconn/Villanova also look tough but Pitt is down, Louisville is down & although teams like SH/Cincy/Johnies are improved, they are still not in Syracuse's class. This is going to be a fun year.

I think Uconn is down too, for them anyway. Losing a couple games to good teams is no big deal, but they're just not at their usual talent-level. They can't shoot. Dyson/Robinson/Walker is a solid trio but it's not Final 8 caliber imo.

To me it's a 3 horse race.

I think Uconn is down too, for them anyway. Losing a couple games to good teams is no big deal, but they're just not at their usual talent-level. They can't shoot. Dyson/Robinson/Walker is a solid trio but it's not Final 8 caliber imo.

I watched the whole kentucky game & some of the game they played against Duke. Your right, it does not seem like they have the talent they are used to having. Noone looked like they wanted to take a shot in the last few minutes of the Kentucky game. WV scares me more then Villanova. Limit what Reynolds can do & I think Villanova could be beaten.

I haven't seen UConn play this year; but so long as they don't have Josh Boone and the other 5 guys who are 6'10" and can run the floor on their bench, I would say it's a down year for them.

Last night's game: I'm really starting to love Joseph. He's gotten tougher; in another year, he'll be a star.

I haven't seen UConn play this year; but so long as they don't have Josh Boone and the other 5 guys who are 6'10" and can run the floor on their bench, I would say it's a down year for them.

Last night's game: I'm really starting to love Joseph. He's gotten tougher; in another year, he'll be a star.

Yah I liked Joseph's increased aggression. Or at least I'm cautiously optimistic now instead of highly skeptical.

Interesting that Scoop logged most of the PG minutes despite handling the pressure a lot worse than Triche in the 1st half; but I guess he played a lot better in the 2nd. It seems like a good pressure D like Memphis could give us some problems.

Interesting that Scoop logged most of the PG minutes despite handling the pressure a lot worse than Triche in the 1st half; but I guess he played a lot better in the 2nd. It seems like a good pressure D like Memphis could give us some problems.

Triche kind of held his own against the pressure, but both guards aren't speedsters and can get out-quicked, as we saw several times last night.

It's got to be tough to balance minutes b/w Triche and Scoop. Triche is a much better option in the half-court set, and Scoop seems to be much better on the break.

The Beast should beat the hell out of eachother again this year. The physical play of that conference is unmatched. After the conference tourney, I always feel like Beast teams limp into the NCAA Championship.

Triche kind of held his own against the pressure, but both guards aren't speedsters and can get out-quicked, as we saw several times last night.

It's got to be tough to balance minutes b/w Triche and Scoop. Triche is a much better option in the half-court set, and Scoop seems to be much better on the break.

I like Triche alot. I think he plays under control and sets a nice game tempo. He is built like an NBA player and is strong in traffic. Scoop is a solid playmaker. SU is forunate to have both, they compliment eachother well.

The Beast should beat the hell out of eachother again this year. The physical play of that conference is unmatched. After the conference tourney, I always feel like Beast teams limp into the NCAA Championship.

That is a good point, I often think it is better to lose early in the big east tournement for a teams chances in the NCAA tourney.