Hall Of Fame Coach Marv Levy Favorite Quote!

:censored:

And for the Buffalo Bills the rotting fish is NOT Head Coach Dick Juron.

The rotting fish IS team owner Ralph Wilson.

If Dick Juron is fired then Ralph Wilson goes out and hires another Dick Juron type coach. Our owner is clearly only interested in making money - he's NOT interested in fielding a competitive team. For the 10th consecutive season!

Period.

:worthy:

:devil:

And for the Buffalo Bills the rotting fish is NOT Head Coach Dick Juron.

The rotting fish IS team owner Ralph Wilson.

If Dick Juron is fired then Ralph Wilson goes out and hires another Dick Juron type coach. Our owner is clearly only interested in making money - he's NOT interested in fielding a competitive team. For the 10th consecutive season!

Period.

:censored:

Of course Ralph is interested only in the return on his investment. It's never been about the Bills. The 50 year record for the Bills is .400-something (roughly 50 years of 7-9 seasons). Periods like the early '90s were a fluke.

Of course Ralph is interested only in the return on his investment. It's never been about the Bills. The 50 year record for the Bills is .400-something (roughly 50 years of 7-9 seasons). Periods like the early '90s were a fluke.

4 super bowl appearances are not a fluke. I'm sorry but thats just stupid.

4 super bowl appearances are not a fluke. I'm sorry but thats just stupid.

Look at the Bills' record over the past 50 years. The record is well under .500. That's 50 years of mostly losing teams. So that brief period that we all remember so fondly is ... sadly the exception to the rule. And that makes it a fluke

Look at the Bills' record over the past 50 years. The record is well under .500. That's 50 years of mostly losing teams. So that brief period that we all remember so fondly is ... sadly the exception to the rule. And that makes it a fluke

Bringing together a bunch of star players and a good coach is not a fluke. You don't just draft a bunch of pro bowl/hall of fame guys and get a hall of fame head coach by accident.

Bringing together a bunch of star players and a good coach is not a fluke. You don't just draft a bunch of pro bowl/hall of fame guys and get a hall of fame head coach by accident.

Yeah, Ralph stumbled onto Bill Polian. Bill Polian knew about football and football talent. He put together some ass-kicking teams. Then Ralph fired Bill Polian, who went to Indianapolis and put together some ass-kicking teams. The Bills, meanwhile, have labored in mediocrity. And that's the point. Ralph got lucky with Polian. And if you would look at the Bills record over the past 50 years you would see that Ralph doesn't get lucky too often.

Here's the record, through 2008: of 795 games, the Bills have won 348, lost 439 and tied 8.

When we think of the Super Bowl years, we tend to forget the back-to-back 2-14 seasons that led to being able to draft Bruce Smith. For every Bruce Smith, we have seen Mike Williams and Erik Flowers. For every Thurman we see a Greg Bell, for every Shane Conlan we see Tom Ruud and Bob Nelson. For every Paul Seymour we get a Walt Patulski.

We also forget coaches like Kay Stephenson and Hank Bullough. The fact of the matter is that for every Marv, we get a Kay and a Hank and a Mike and a Greg and a Dick. And apparently Ralph thinks that we fans deserve Dick.

Luck was involved but you guys are just so down on the team you refuse to see that there is/was skill in the front office.

The team definitely had its moments. But not enough and not consistently. The only constant has been Ralph, a meddling old cheapskate.

When we think of the Super Bowl years, we tend to forget the back-to-back 2-14 seasons that led to being able to draft Bruce Smith. For every Bruce Smith, we have seen Mike Williams and Erik Flowers. For every Thurman we see a Greg Bell, for every Shane Conlan we see Tom Ruud and Bob Nelson. For every Paul Seymour we get a Walt Patulski.

We also forget coaches like Kay Stephenson and Hank Bullough. The fact of the matter is that for every Marv, we get a Kay and a Hank and a Mike and a Greg and a Dick. And apparently Ralph thinks that we fans deserve Dick.

IMHO ... the teams "stars" are not what makes the team great, on the contrary it's the second level players who make the team great, and a great team "manufatures" star power. The owner HAS to pay his 1st and second round draft choices top dollar ... so it doesn't make sense that we draft poorly to save $$$ .... where Ralph historically scrimps is the second tier guys .... the bulk of the team .... the quality guys you need good to surround your round 1 & 2 potential super stars to let them succeed. For example is wood a "star" guard??? impossible while he is flanked by a below average center and a horrible Tackle. Can ANY QB become a "star" in Buffalo??? not behind our line. Can a DT become a run stuffing force??? Not without good LBs filling the gaps.

I propose that Ralph knows this ..... I also propose he will continue to scrimp with these second tier players until his product stops selling in Buffalo.

Ralph needs to open his wallet to keep guys we've been letting go.

For someone with more energy than me ..... it would be interesting if you could research the attendence records for those 2-14 years .... and maybe make the correlation between tickets sold and Ralphs decision to pay for players.

IMHO ... the teams "stars" are not what makes the team great, on the contrary it's the second level players who make the team great, and a great team "manufatures" star power. The owner HAS to pay his 1st and second round draft choices top dollar ... so it doesn't make sense that we draft poorly to save $$$ .... where Ralph historically scrimps is the second tier guys .... the bulk of the team .... the quality guys you need good to surround your round 1 & 2 potential super stars to let them succeed. For example is wood a "star" guard??? impossible while he is flanked by a below average center and a horrible Tackle. Can ANY QB become a "star" in Buffalo??? not behind our line. Can a DT become a run stuffing force??? Not without good LBs filling the gaps.

I propose that Ralph knows this ..... I also propose he will continue to scrimp with these second tier players until his product stops selling in Buffalo.

Ralph needs to open his wallet to keep guys we've been letting go.

For someone with more energy than me ..... it would be interesting if you could research the attendence records for those 2-14 years .... and maybe make the correlation between tickets sold and Ralphs decision to pay for players.

I had season tickets during those glorious 2-14 seasons of 1984-1985...I don't know the attendance record, but I can tell you, there was a game against, Houston I believe, where there was about 15,000. The Bills couldn't give tickets away in those days. I remember them making a big deal of it, because more folks attended a Sabres game that same weekend, than went out to Rich to watch some truly, awful football.

BTW- my sister, who lives in Buffalo, told me that her company has a block of season tickets that they rotate to employees and business associates. The last two home games, nobody wanted them...they went unused. That is pretty sad.

Of the 9 teams that joined in 1960 4 are below .500 and 5 are above .500

Bills .474

Dallas .579

Denver .532

KC .520

NE .518

NYJ .453

Oak .552

SD .497

Titans .491

It's not that bad, hey...we're better than the Jets! Actually the Bills, Jets, Chargers and Titans are very similar...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/

Of the 9 teams that joined in 1960 4 are below .500 and 5 are above .500

Bills .474

Dallas .579

Denver .532

KC .520

NE .518

NYJ .453

Oak .552

SD .497

Titans .491

It's not that bad, hey...we're better than the Jets! Actually the Bills, Jets, Chargers and Titans are very similar...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/

But the Jets will always (it is appearing) something the Bills don't have...