nasty hockey hit

justnzane

couple hours ago:

"A junior hockey player who suffered severe head injuries after being checked into the boards during an Ontario Hockey League game had his condition upgraded from critical to serious on Tuesday."

thx steve it really was one of the nastiest hit i have seen and the player should be suspended. that said the injured player shouldn't have put his head down either.

Love hard hitting hockey but that guy hit another while totally vulnerable against the boards. He obviously went for the his head as well. The hitter is just a prick pure and simple. Hockey police it's own so it could get even nastier if this guy is allowed to play again.

Just heard on Fan590 that Leambis (sp) is suspended for the season and playoffs.

I have no idea what to think on that one. I'm all for punishment for any shot to the head, but I really can't tell from the video if that was his intent or not. Obviously his history is going to factor in, but I hope the league made their decision based off of a better video than that one.