At least the Sabres are undefeated . . . .

Peter

• 5 weeks later...
This has got to be one of the worst sports years for Buffalo fans in years.

120180[/snapback]

Worst years for Buffalo sports? Dude, the Bills are going to the plaoffs for go'd sakes! 4 in a row!!

I lost interest in hockey aftre the whole rigas thing 3 years ago. that team broke my heart when they lost to the penguins bthat year. !@#$in hasek and gilmour!! now all these !@#$ owners and players, they could care less about the fans dude!! i will never give my money to anything involving the NHL ever again!!

!@#$ THE NHL, !@#$ HOCKEY!!!

this is a messed up year for sports. the best baseball players are busted for roids, the bosox finally win one. the NHL just refused pretty good offer by the players association. and the bills are pretty close to having one of the greatest recoveries ever to make the playoffs

If the Hockey Players don't care about their own sport, and playing for the millions they have the opportunity to... then I don't care about hockey.

And what's this about the worst year ever. The Bills have roughly a 60-80% chance of getting in the playoffs if they win out. I think they will!

GO BILLS!

that proposal from the players was BS and the owners, rightfully so, turned it down. If they accepted it, we'd be in the same place within 5 years. The players need to realize they are not the NFL, NBA or MLB. Hockey is a smaller sport and the general public's entertainment $ will not support huge salaries. If they get a hard salary cap, costs go down and ticket prices go down, the NHL depends on ticket sales for most of it's revenue. Other leagues don't depend on tickets soooo much, other leagues have TV deals to get most of their money... NHL isn't like that at all. The higher paid players will have to learn to get by on a measely 3-4 million a year or less instead of 7-10 million. Getting your salary cut to a few million doesn't make me feel bad for you, when the other option is don't play at all and make no money. The owners created this problem years ago, and the expansion of the league hurt it as well, but it MUST be corrected NOW. The NHL will cease to exist if the problem isn't corrected, I also think that at least 3-6 teams need to be dissolved to make the league stronger as well.

when ticket prices go down and the league is more stable and more competitive, watch the fans show up. when ticket prices go down to $5-$70 per seat, instead of $12-$155, in a small market like Buffalo and Pittsburgh, the fans will show up BIGTIME, especially when they have a chance of winning and keeping some good players