The tarp over the tunnel

Last year, around midseason, they added a tarp over the tunnel that they only pulled down for pregame announcements. After that, it was thankfully retracted and left alone for the remainder of the game and only got in the way of a few of the fans who sit near the tunnel. This year, after some jerk threw a box of popcorn at TO after the Saints game, they pulled it down towards the end of the Browns game to presumably prevent that from happening again...completely understandable. Yesterday, they retracted it after pregame like always, but then pulled it back out early in the 2nd quarter and left it up during the game, much to the chagrin of the long-time season ticket holders who were paying to sit there.

I had sent an email, as did many other season ticket holders, last year about it and we got no response. After getting home last night, I sent out another about this new garbage and just got a phone call in response. They're claiming it's an NFL mandate that went into effect last year that they only yesterday put into effect completely. The customer service rep was nice about it...said he understood why fans were upset about it...even seemed to understand why some fans dropped their seats because of it (it wasn't the only reason, but some fans were already frustrated about stuff and said that was the last straw). I know a bunch of other long-time season ticket holders who were talking about giving up their seats yesterday because of that thing. I just think, besides the fact that it takes away from the gameday experience in that section, they screwed up by not making the reasoning for that monstrosity public before they screwed over their season ticket holders.