Formations not a different playbook!

Lenigmusx

Look, three weeks in a row I have seen the same thing. We don't disguise our plays at all. A huge playbook is not nessisary if you diguise the play call with a formational shift. This is high school football 101 or at least College football 101. It was best illustrated when we ran the wildcat. The first time we ran it, it was a suprise and it was successful. The second time we ran it, the formation was identical and so was the direction of the play right down to the hole Fred Jackson tried to run through. Result, Shutdown! You can have a small playbook if every play can be run out of 5 or 6 formations and you can still keep a defence on its heels. This is the whole premise of New Englands Offence. Hey, what do I know I just a Music Teacher who follows football but if I can see these short comings goo knows NFL Defensive Coordinators can also see them. You would think Perry would say something to Alex. I mean these guys are suppose to be pretty intellectual IQ in 120's right? Maybe I'm wrong and the collective intellegence level in the NFL is a lower common denominator than I would like to believe. I which case give me six figures to install an Offence I can do better than this. There are so many ways to help out or tackles and allow for a little time on pass plays but it is the same thing again and again. Ahhhhh... this is hell for the passionate fan. I however can not rout against them like some of you. I want it to be good every week even if it means the skeletor comes back next year.