Dick Jauron's Popwarner Offense

barbwire

This was posted on another web site:

Texans linebacker DeMeco Ryans joked about how simple it was to contain Buffalo's popgun attack.

''It was easy,'' Ryans said. ''They kind of had the same formations, they didn't give us a lot of motions and things. So it was a simple offense to go against.''

Ryans then joked about how good it was sipping Gatorade on the sideline watching the offense take over.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...l#ixzz0Vey71oOE

Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the first time this season opposing players/coaches have made this statement. Gee Dick, does this seem like a problem to you, when teams that just kicked your ass admit how basic and vanilla your offense is? What's this the third, maybe fourth it has been mentioned after a game?

This was posted on another web site:

Texans linebacker DeMeco Ryans joked about how simple it was to contain Buffalo's popgun attack.

''It was easy,'' Ryans said. ''They kind of had the same formations, they didn't give us a lot of motions and things. So it was a simple offense to go against.''

Ryans then joked about how good it was sipping Gatorade on the sideline watching the offense take over.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...l#ixzz0Vey71oOE

Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

Turk can always come back as the interim head coach...

Ya see, now I'm pi$$ed off again, guys!

Marshawn can laugh and goof around all he wants on the sideline of a losing effort, but having other teams disrespect you like that is just unacceptable.

Why do I get angered over this?

Shouldn't it be Jauron that changes his ideology?

Ya see, now I'm pi$ed off again, guys!

Marshawn can laugh and goof around all he wants on the sideline of a losing effort, but having other teams disrespect you like that is just unacceptable.

Why do I get angered over this?

Shouldn't it be Jauron that changes his ideology?

No. Jauron should be gone.

And Ryans shouldn't be laughing so hard. Kubiak is a schlub. But a decent season for the Texans means he returns, and they miss-out on one of the plethora of good coaches out there. Today was a lose-win for me.

Turk can always come back as the interim head coach...

And Schonert, even though he'll never get another big NFL job, is laughing his hind quarters off.

In his 9th season as a HC, Dick Jauron has successfully found new ways to develop unimaginative offenses which are typically at the bottom. This is not the exception with DJ, it's the rule. He is bad and getting worse and for an opposing NFL player to say this, speaks volumes about the entire team. Because it's RW's coach after all.

And Schonert, even though he'll never get another big NFL job, is laughing his hind quarters off.

He might be laughing...until he comes to the realization that he'll never get another big NFL job. Maybe not even a small one either.

And Ryans shouldn't be laughing so hard. Kubiak is a schlub. But a decent season for the Texans means he returns, and they miss-out on one of the plethora of good coaches out there. Today was a lose-win for me.

do you really think we are going to land one of those good coaches?

do you really think we are going to land one of those good coaches?

Yes. There are simply too many coaches who have sat out a year or more and who are itching to get back into coaching again. I can't ever recall a time when there were so many SB-winning coaches sitting out biding their time. Usually it's one good coach available who would prefer to be in a big market. And Ralph knows that he'll have to hire a good coach to get people to come to games.

The Texans were actually one of the teams I thought had the best chance of landing one, should they falter and Kubiak get the boot. They have a lot of talent on both sides and would have been attractive to a guy like Shanahan.

The Texans ran some great screen passes to their RB or WR today, and I thought, "Gee why don't the Bills try that more often?"

Then they actually tried a screen pass to Marshawn who was immediately hammered by Houston defenders. The offensive line can't give the QB enough time to set it up, nor can they block effectively for the receiver.

QB is a problem. Coaching is a problem. But IMO the Bills can't run anything but the simplest sets due to the inexperience and ineptitude of the OL.

Here's the possible silver lining, guys. With the bye week, AVP at least has some time to introduce some new plays, formations, etc. for the second half of the season. With other players mocking us, you would think the staff might consider doing something about it.

AVP probably has plenty of unused plays and formations. The real problem is Jauron won't allow them to be used.

QB is a problem. Coaching is a problem. But IMO the Bills can't run anything but the simplest sets due to the inexperience and ineptitude of the OL.

And many around here didn't want to admit this during the late summer when it became clear three players who had not taken a NFL snap before 2009 would be starting on that line. It's not surprising they have to run simple sets to make up for that inexperience, especially now that another rookie was forced into duty with Meredith.

How can anyone give the front office credit when they've tried twice in four off-seasons to rebuild the OL? This time they just did it cheaper, but the results aren't all that different.

Texans linebacker DeMeco Ryans joked about how simple it was to contain Buffalo’s popgun attack.

“It was easy,” Ryans said. “They kind of had the same formations, they didn’t give us a lot of motions and things. So it was a simple offense to go against.”

I just read this in the game recap...I hadn't seen in mentioned here, and apologize if it's already been brought up, but I can not remember seeing an opposing player talk like that about the Bills in my time.

Ralph delivers that great speech at halftime, while the other team is laughing at us, and doing it openly.

I can not believe the ineptitude of this offense. We can't even accidentally figure it out. It is baffling to me that we are leaving this team one bad snap from hanging out with Hamden!! What would we do if his tanning package was set to expire and he was forced to choose between leading the Bills or tanning...then who would play QB? Seriously no third string, err, only two third string QBs with nobody to back them up? Edwards' problems started with a concussion, and it is highly unlikely that he will get over them following another.

I can say that I have never seen the Ralph as empty as it was today, and the amount of apathy that the fans showed, not to mention the droves that were heading for the gates with every play in the 4th Qtr.

I really don't know what to say about this team, but what could it really hurt to can Jauron now? I know that RW doesn't want to make a move midseason, but what the hell?

As far as this Ryans guy goes, I hope we meet him when the upper hand is on the other foot, or that the offense can maybe take this and use it as inspiration.

huh?

In my experience, if you can't run basic stuff then making things more complicated does not usually improve the situation. Usually, it's just the opposite. And with all of the rookies, free agents, etc. starting it's probably downright near impossible to add too much anyway.

It's easy for opponents to laugh because the offense is so inept, but the Texans haven't exactly been a dynasty over the last few years (edit: ever) so I'm not sure why anyone would listen to anything that their players have to say.

In my experience, if you can't run basic stuff then making things more complicated does not usually improve the situation. Usually, it's just the opposite. And with all of the rookies, free agents, etc. starting it's probably downright near impossible to add too much anyway.

It's easy for opponents to laugh because the offense is so inept, but the Texans haven't exactly been a dynasty over the last few years (edit: ever) so I'm not sure why anyone would listen to anything that their players have to say.

I'm laughing my ass off ... That is without a doubt one pathetic group of professionals playing top tier.

Ryan spoke the truth.