New Ownership

CAVEDAWG

:wallbash: If Jim Kelly became a part owner do you think he would be a good one? I think Jimbo is a winner and would hire a good proven head coach!

:wallbash:

I read the article, and man, to hear that Kelly is ready with a group to buy the team is the only positive thing I have read about the Bills in a long, long, long time.

I think Kelly would have enough sense to fill his front office with solid, proven, successful personnel men, and then get out of the way.

I read the article, and man, to hear that Kelly is ready with a group to buy the team is the only positive thing I have read about the Bills in a long, long, long time.

I think Kelly would have enough sense to fill his front office with solid, proven, successful personnel men, and then get out of the way.

WHAT LINK

We can only hope so!

One of the keys to being a successful owner is putting winning at least on an even keel with making money. You also need to hire knowledgeable people to run the football side of it and don't try to do more than what you have the knowledge to do yourself. Kinda like the CEO of a car company, doeesn't go down and tell the workers how to put a car together.

One of the keys to being a successful owner is putting winning at least on an even keel with making money. You also need to hire knowledgeable people to run the football side of it and don't try to do more than what you have the knowledge to do yourself. Kinda like the CEO of a car company, doeesn't go down and tell the workers how to put a car together.

Which leads me to believe that Ralph may be playing somewhat a Jekyl and Hyde impersonation of Al Davis here.

He wants to be involved enough that he wants to strip away a true GM position in favor of GM-by-committee because he does not want someone to be in charge of it all.

Then, when his committee of "trust" can't seem to find a common goal or strategy with which to build a team (as is common with ruling by committee), he does not want to remove anyone out of fear of losing the siren song that is "continuity". He is afraid of being involved, as his "trust" knows best.

Ralph needs to get out of his own way, hire a proven GM to run football operations, and leave it alone.

How could Kelly running this team be any worse? I am pretty sure he doesn't want to buy the team because it is too profitable to pass up, or he can't find anything else to do... It looks like he wants a winner in Western NY again.

...sure is a shame we can't say the same for Wilson... :wallbash:

Which leads me to believe that Ralph may be playing somewhat a Jekyl and Hyde impersonation of Al Davis here.

He wants to be involved enough that he wants to strip away a true GM position in favor of GM-by-committee because he does not want someone to be in charge of it all.

Then, when his committee of "trust" can't seem to find a common goal or strategy with which to build a team (as is common with ruling by committee), he does not want to remove anyone out of fear of losing the siren song that is "continuity". He is afraid of being involved, as his "trust" knows best.

Ralph needs to get out of his own way, hire a proven GM to run football operations, and leave it alone.

Ralph did what everyone wanted and brought in a "supposed"football guy to take over and run the team while he stepped away. That was Donahoe, when that failed, he even said that he was taking back control of his team. I'm sure if any of us owned a team that they would not want things run their way and actually have input. Everyone just assumes that Ralph is calling all the shots when there really has been no documented proof that Ralph is making all the decisions

:wallbash: If Jim Kelly became a part owner do you think he would be a good one? I think Jimbo is a winner and would hire a good proven head coach!

Well Kelly was such a successful buisnessman in his previous buisness ventures

So does anyone have any idea who this group of investors are that have all this money to buy the team and keep them in Buffalo? All I ever hear about is how Kelly has this "group", yet no one knows who this includes

IF Kelly has a group which can generate the capital to get this team (a big IF) my sense is a key to him making the acquisition is that the NFLPA as arguably the majority partner in the enterprise called the NFL (the latest CBA grants them 60.5% of the total revenues of the league and clearly they were recognized as a partner in the CBA after the NFLPA threatened to decertify itself and the current CBA arguably makes them the majority partner) has a strategy of having groups of employees eventually become the team owners.

It clearly is not your grandma's NFL anymore with the individual owners like Halas (whom Ditka once offered that he through nickles around like they were manhole covers) are dead and their final remnants like Mr. Ralph will be dead sooner rather than later.

Team owners ran kicking and screaming from living in a true free market when the NFLPA threatened to decertify itself and like it or not there is going to have to be a new ownership model. Efforts at corporate ownership has been tried but for the most part have failed so it is doubtful these sources of capital will be the basis of a new model.

Individuals with large capital bases like the Dan Snyders or Mark Cubans also present an option, but they seem to offer little potential beyond the outmoded Mr. Ralph and Halas family models.

The NFL employees who now have parleyed their talent through the NFLPA into growing pools of assets may represent a different model of employee and former employee ownership which might be the basis of a new NFL ownership strategy.

I hope it does.