I *heart* AMD...

Rehabbed my system to upgrade to a quad core. Installed Athlon II x4, msi mobo and 4 gigs of RAM for under $200. Love AMD, haven't used anything but their processors the last 8 years.

Glad AMD is around to keep Intel half assed in line price wise anyway. My last build was Intel but the two or three previous were AMD. Is your ram and mobo DDR 3?

I used to love AMD and preferred them over P3's-4's, but since the Core Duo's came out, they haven't been able to match the performance. They still play an important role in keeping Intel prices down, and offer a solid option for the budget minded.

I went to the Core i7 platform in the spring and I'm glad I did. Nothing I've ever used can touch it, but it did take a (pricey) clean start due to the socket change and being an somewhat early adopter.

Can't beat the deal you got for a value to performance upgrade.

Rehabbed my system to upgrade to a quad core. Installed Athlon II x4, msi mobo and 4 gigs of RAM for under $200. Love AMD, haven't used anything but their processors the last 8 years.

Very nice!

Myself, recently, I stick with Intel retail MoBos' and processors. AMD is fine - I've built several boxes through the years with their processors. Very satisfactory.

But for my current situation, I have to factor in Intel's combined MoBo/CPU support capabilities.