Which 3-6 Coach

AKC

Which of these coaches is the worst among the 3 and 6 coaches in the NFL this season?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these coaches is the worst among the 3 and 6 coaches in the NFL this season?

• Joe Gibbs
    • Bill Parcells
    • Dick Vermiel
    • John Gruden
    • Jef Fisher
    • (R)Mike Mularkey

Betwen these coaches there are 7 Super Bowl wins and a proverbial mountain of media glorification including "genius" tags.

There is also one rookie.

Which one is stinking up the joint the worst among them?

I had a hard time choosing between Vermeil and Gibbs. Vermeil because of his huge mistake in making no moves on defense during the last offseason. He knew his defense sucked ass last year but went ahead on a 'We Are Family' kick and kept everybody. And Gunther Cunningham? Coordinating for the team that fired you as a head coach. Yeah that isn't a little weird.

Ultimately I went with Gibbs though, for his stupid offseason moves and the offense he can't seem to make go. Bringing Brunell in for anything other than a backup QB was totally stupid. Talk about destroying Ramsey's confidence, and he was showing potential last year. And I disagree with letting one of the NFL's top corners go, even if it is for Clinton Portis. He should have just come in and surveyed the lay of the land for his first season but instead he thought he could come in and impose his will. He now looks befuddled out there every Sunday.

Mularkey isn't without fault though, and some of his clock decisions have been atrocious. He was wishy-washy on Henry-McGahee as well and I'm scratching my head on why Drew is still the starter. Oh well.

I went with Vermeil because except for some injury problems (Priest Holmes) he has essentially the same team as last year. He did change DCs in order to shore up the defense (ha ha) and Priest Holmes does make a difference, but not THAT much of a difference. I give Mularkey a pass becaues of the rookie factor. I even give Joe Gibbs something of a pass because he has not had the opportunity personnel wise to really put his stamp on the team yet. It's really close, IMHO between Vermeil, Parcells, Fisher and Gruden.

I figured Gruden, with Back to Back disappointments and his inability to get his "offensive genius" to work in his third year on the Bucs staff would rate pretty high.

To some degree the results so far suggest that that who you watch/have watched is that who you believe is failing at the highest level.

I figured Gruden, with Back to Back disappointments and his inability to get his "offensive genius" to work in his third year on the Bucs staff would rate pretty high.

To some degree the results so far suggest that that who you watch/have watched is that who you believe is failing at the highest level.

120189[/snapback]

The Bucs have had a lot of injuries the past 2 years & McCardell holdout hurt also. I give Chucky a pass for these reasons.

Gibbs has probably been the biggest disappointment after arrving back on the scene to such hoopla. But he's a born-again rookie HC in my book. The game has changed since his last run.

Parcells simply cannot lose enough for me. Vermeil is the one I chose because he hasn't changed either. Come to think of it, none of these guys have changed. They all had a schtick that worked well in one set of circumstances and have taken that show on the road. Now, Parcells did manage to get it to work in more than one location for more than two years. The others...

Mularkey in that context is a boy among men. Or maybe he's the young man among old farts. Seems to me he's got an opportunity then to really shine if he's the real deal, and I hope he does.

Everybody knew he'd take some time to figure things out. I think he's been doing a much better job than GW did after three years of on the job training.

Is it under discussion here that LeBeau should have been made HC? Would that move have given the Bills the best chance of winning this year? That's the argument being used by some about the QB situation. It seems to me that it might hold more water when discussing the HC situation though.

IF TD is around at the end of MM's contract and if it gets down to having to dismiss him - or he walks because he's done so well and gets a better offer - does TD hire another rookie HC? :doh: